Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Pres. Obamma and First Lady Oprah didnt snag the vote

Guess its history for the Olympics coming to Chicago , even though such super celebrities count sway their vote......

Maybe now they can concentrate on all the school killings and assaults that are going on in the windy city and invest in the kids and not the super wealthy.....

When President Lula stood up and said it is about time Brazil, one of the ten largest world economies, had a turn, the first ever for South America, I knew it would be Rio de Janeiro. He is so right about it being time. One question, though, since it is the Summer Olympics, will it be in January?

Obama- one m. His wife's name is Michelle.

Too bad. I was really pulling for Chicago.

How many posts 'til this turns into "bash the libs"?

Aside from the "cool" aspect of having the Olympics just across the lake from us, why were you "pulling for Chicago?"
    Seems that a healthy number of Chicago residents didn't want it, that it would have cost billions to set up at a time when our country is struggling financially, and that it's traditionally a "break even" event at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Too bad. I was really pulling for Chicago.

How many posts 'til this turns into "bash the libs"?
    I'm kinda surprised it hasn't happened already. I'm guessing it'll happen before we hit 10 post. One of the usual suspects will chime in with ".... he couldn't even do something SOOOO EASY like lock the Olympics up for America, and he wants to reform healthcare ... Psssssh"

Quote Originally Posted by tetsua View Post
    I'm kinda surprised it hasn't happened already. I'm guessing it'll happen before we hit 10 post. One of the usual suspects will chime in with ".... he couldn't even do something SOOOO EASY like lock the Olympics up for America, and he wants to reform healthcare ... Psssssh"
    You didn't think the first post was a bash? I did.

I was pulling for Brazil anyway. The Olympics can't really claim to be a world wide event while ignoring whole continents.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    You didn't think the first post was a bash? I did.

I was pulling for Brazil anyway. The Olympics can't really claim to be a world wide event while ignoring whole continents.
    Yeah, 'cuz poor spelling & punctation is ALWAYS bashing when it comes to the One, isn't it.

Read the original post..do ya honestly see an attempt to pick on Obama & Co? All I see is an extra "m" and a missing "&" in the title of a post that's highlighted with less than stellar grammar and spelling..but what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Doug View Post
    Yeah, 'cuz poor spelling & punctation is ALWAYS bashing when it comes to the One, isn't it.

Read the original post..do ya honestly see an attempt to pick on Obama & Co? All I see is an extra "m" and a missing "&" in the title of a post that's highlighted with less than stellar grammar and spelling..but what do I know?
    Have you seen the right-wing Blogosphere today? What am I saying? Of course you have.

The Usual Idiots had the following to say:

Goodbye, “Yes We Can.” Hello, “No, You Can’t.” Like Icarus, President Obama’s giddy ego flight has ended with melted wax and fallen wings.
    This is a big win and a massive relief for taxpayers. But Chicago cronies are not going to take this well. Gird your loins.
    Who will be first to cry RAAAAAACIST?
    http://michellemalkin.com/2009/10/02...ichelle-obama/

Re: Chicago [John J. Miller]

Wow, what an embarrassment for Obama. If he can't work his personal magic with the Olympians, why does he expect it to work with the Iranians?
    http://corner.nationalreview.com/pos...WIzOTNkOGNhMWI

Rush Limbaugh acknowledged his glee in telling his talk radio audience Friday that the International Olympic Committee's rejection of Chicago's bid for the 2016 games is a metaphor for President Obama's weakness and an illustration of his "Mars-sized ego."
    "Who knew the Olympic Committee was a bunch of racists?" Limbaugh joked at the start of his program, saying he was waiting on official confirmation from former president Jimmy Carter, before turning to the gravity of the nation's embarrassment.

"When you stop to think about it, folks, doesn't it make sense?" Limbaugh asked. "Our president, Barack Hussein Obama, has been running around the world for nine months telling everybody how much our country sucks.... Why would anybody award the Olympics to such a crappy place?"

Calling it the "worst day of his presidency," the nation's number-one conservative talk show host said Obama "has failed" and "wasted his country's time, and his prestige."

"Obama demeaned the office of the presidency, going on this sales pitch," Limbaugh said.
    http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/200...s-and-ego.html

STU: There is news coming from over there in Copenhagen.

GLENN: Ya, sure.

STU: Ya, sure. The first round of voting is up for the Olympic games, and the first

GLENN: Wait for it! Wait for it! Enjoy this. Savor this moment.

STU: And the first city to be eliminated is... Chicago. Yes, our president flew all the way over there to fail

GLENN: Not one plane. Just in one plane?

STU: No. Two planes. We need more breaking news. There we go. Two planes.

GLENN: Two planes.

STU: His wife Oprah Winfrey, all the jet fuel needed to lift them.

GLENN: All the massive amounts of corruption that was promised.

STU: All the greenhouse gas emissions, all the publicity, all the excitement.

GLENN: For nothing.
    http://www.glennbeck.com/content/art...cle/198/31452/

and finally:

http://www.drudgereport.com

Glad to see they're all Republicans First, Americans Second!

President Obama made an effort and came up short. So what? It didn't work in favor of Chicago. Big deal. I know it's hard to do when your entire life is ruled by your own oversized ego, but the idiots on the Right need to stop making everything so damned personal. I'm sure there are valid reasons why Chicago sucks so bad it only made it into the top 5, and I'm pretty sure that none of them have anything to do with Mr. Obama's personality or politics.

Of course, if you don't try to do anything at all, you won't ever have a chance of failing at something, will you? It's much easier to sit on a toilet, er, soapbox, and proseletyze and whine.
    Last edited by ghettopalmetto; October-02-09 at 02:36 PM.

Read the original post..do ya honestly see an attempt to pick on Obama & Co? All I see is an extra "m" and a missing "&" in the title of a post that's highlighted with less than stellar grammar and spelling..
    And you honestly believe "first lady Oprah" was an innocent mistake?

but what do I know?
    ??

Wow,

They are all pretty childish.

STU: His wife Oprah Winfrey, all the jet fuel needed to lift them.
    At least now we know what original poster was parroting.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnlodge View Post
    And you honestly believe "first lady Oprah" was an innocent mistake?

??
    You honestly think that the OP meant something other than: "Obama, first lady & Oprah?"

Why?

You honestly think that the OP meant something other than: "Obama, first lady & Oprah?"

Why?
    No comma between "First Lady" and "Oprah" in the thread title, Grammar Genius.

Way to be an apologist! Got any more excuses?

Oprah would be insulted by being called the 'first lady'. She believes herself to be MUCH more important than that!

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    No comma between "First Lady" and "Oprah" in the thread title, Grammar Genius.

Way to be an apologist! Got any more excuses?
    I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist..read the fucking post. It was obviously not written by a literary genius.
    I contend that anyone who wanted to "bash" BHO and pals could have done a far more impressive job than the guy who posted this FUBAR'ed title followed by the equally FUBAR'ed post.

Methinks thou followers of Obama art too thin-skinned.

I'm not an apologist, I'm a realist..read the fucking post. It was obviously not written by a literary genius.
    I contend that anyone who wanted to "bash" BHO and pals could have done a far more impressive job than the guy who posted this FUBAR'ed title followed by the equally FUBAR'ed post.

I'm just reading what's there, chief. I'm not skilled enough to insert my subjective judgments into someone else's thought processes.

Glad to know you're focused on better ways to bash the President, instead of putting your mind to productive use.

Haikoont Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    I'm just reading what's there, chief. I'm not skilled enough to insert my subjective judgments into someone else's thought processes.

Glad to know you're focused on better ways to bash the President, instead of putting your mind to productive use.
    Three prominent people -- the president, the first lady and Oprah -- all campaigned for Chicago in Copenhagen. Maybe the original poster is bashing the first family [[lamely), or maybe he/she's just a sloppy writer. If the former, why would DY's bashing-est, most vitriolic poster take issue with an antagonistic posting style? It's gotten you through two user names.

Sure, Obama has been called worse, but it was still a dig at him.
    [[The original poster is not a guy by the way.)

Maybe you mind readers should wait for Janesback to clarify.

Personally I feel so sorry for President Obama, he's been trying so hard to be Mr. Everything and it isn't working out too well. The guy is trying so hard and folks aren't buying what he's selling. Too bad. With full control of both the House and Senate, fillibuster proof majority even and the guy doesn't seem to e able to get it across the goalline.

Same with the Olympics. For the first time in history, and American president uses the full prestige of the Office, the entire resources of the U.S. and the world turns it back on the guy. That has gotta hurt. Don't ya think?

My handful of Chicago contacts are all delighted to NOT have to go through that nightmare in '16.

Let Rio, and Brazil, foot the bill.
    Now, how can I get myself invited? You all check out the athletic events. I'll be critiquing the samba parties.

Rideron Guest

The real danger in Obama's increasing diminishment by moving away from being any kind of a serious "Statesman', into becoming to a self-deluded marginal 'celebrity', is not in what the right wing here in the U.S. thinks of him. The real danger is in what the Russians, the Chinese, and the Iranians think of him.

Only a partisan hack like Rush and his clones[[some here on this board) would turn this into an anti-Obama tirade.

I'm happy that South America was awarded their first ever Olympic Games.

P.S. Jane, I never thought you were a ditto head before today.

detroitJ72, the fact of the matter is that Mr. Obama tried and failed. He failed. Rio won. Good for Rio, but it was Mr. Obama who decided that this was an issue that rose to the level of Presidential importance. Rush didn't decide that. Hannity didn't. Glenn Beck didn't conspire to force Mr. Obama on Air Force One and do the dog 'n pony.

That was Mr. Obama's decision. He failed. That's the fact and no amount of sightless hero worship is going to change that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast