Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Listen in on the DPD

Ravine Guest

I'm advising everyone of the fact that, each time I tried to make use of that site, my Internet Explorer connection snapped like a dry twig.

Radio Reference is a well known, reputable site, but some of the scanner links may require special audio plug-ins to work properly.

I'm listening to the Downriver station and one of their codes was "Boy George Zebra". No joke.

When I retired in '84, that was it for listening to police calls for me for good. I still get attracted to a good fire, though.

Just a reminder: it is no longer illegal in Michigan for civilians to operate a mobile police scanner in their vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by NoHeartAnthony View Post
    I'm listening to the Downriver station and one of their codes was "Boy George Zebra". No joke.
    Police and military use words beginning with the same initial to avoid confusion spelling names or license plates.
    BGZ 123 = Boy George Zebra 123

Mark Robert James Ocean Nora Edward Sam

Quote Originally Posted by MOTROIT View Post
    Nice! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJones View Post
    Police and military use words beginning with the same initial to avoid confusion spelling names or license plates.

Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJones View Post

Same concept, different lists. The military version would be "Baker Golf Zulu" and "Mike Romeo Juliet Oscar November Echo Sierra".

iPhone has a couple app's that have police scanner calls for hundreds of U.S Citys. we are a long way from buying crystals for our radios?

Hey Ray..Another Great Post from you...I am the Same..Fire Calls...What are your thoughts "on line listening " to the Department...

I've been listening to the D.F.D for years and it seems like they are busier now than they've ever been. In fact Devils Night seems to be lame compared to a lot of other nights.
    Last edited by Philbo; October-04-09 at 09:01 PM.

Warren is in the Macomb section

Very interesting. I listened to DPD and heard some hooligans shooting paintballs from a vehicle at other vehicles...