Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lorax Guest

Default Right Wing Organizations Lobbying For Your Ill Health

Interesting article on the lobbyist Rick Berman and his fascist, corporate sponsored organizations like the "Center for Consumer Freedom", an astroturfing group formed to plead the virtues of things like high fructose corn syrup, transfats, tanning beds, mercury in fish, drinking while driving, and anything else you can think of that has been proven to be poisonous to the population:

http://open.salon.com/blog/candyprof...weet_or_a_scam

http://www.bermanco.com/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2653020.shtml

Here's the most easily read expose of Berman's working for the corporate masters of America, and how these intense lobbying efforts write the legislation that affects our daily lives:

http://www.bermanexposed.org/

If they can't drown the American government in the bathtub, maybe they could skip the middleman and kill off American citizens directly?

Why aren't these guys being prosecuted as the anti-American terrorists that they are?

Lorax Guest

Lobbying should be outlawed in Washington, and publicly financed elections should be implemented. This would solve the problem.

For every consumer activist group out there, there are dozens more working against the people. The corporate bastards running our totaltarian state are the one's responsible, helped along by the entrenched republicans in government, working behind the scenes to defund, waste and mismanage the public trust.

The only reason Republicans are against a public health care option is because it threatens the sovreignty of the corporate model running the show. If they could find a way to privatize government's functions, as George Tush tried to, and thankfully failed to with Social Security, then they would be all for "government" takeover of health care, or any other function they could mimic.

What non-Republicans fail to realize is that Democracy is not a spectator sport, it requires participation, whether blogging, running for office, campaigning for social change, whatever contributes to the benefit of the public as a whole.

Truly representative government needs clean elections, free of corporate or special interest influence. Those groups which seek change can still exist, but should limit their influence to what can be seen through public discourse, the press, and private organizations.

Influencing elected officials should be punishable to both parties involved if we are truly to have a representative form of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Why aren't these guys being prosecuted as the anti-American terrorists that they are?
    Because the government is actually controlled and run by a shadow government, which is made up of a ruling oligarchy whose only interest is to maintain their power and control over us little peons.

ccbatson Guest

Truth be told, various players have their own agenda. It so happens, that the agenda that matters most is individual liberty.

Lorax Guest

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ccbatson Guest

Why am I not surprised that Lorax would wish to sleep through the seizure of individual liberty?

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Why am I not surprised that Lorax would wish to sleep through the seizure of individual liberty?
    Not through the "seizure of individual liberty" what ever that's suppose to mean, but only napping through your posts, Batts- God, I'm even yawning while typing this.....

Duck Quacking, is very boring to most.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog View Post
    Duck Quacking, is very boring to most.

In Batt's case, being a "doctor" it should be "Quack ducking" the issues.

ccbatson Guest

Why must you resort to name calling and personal attacks Lorax? Gee, that sounds familiar, where have I seen admonitions against name calling and personal attacks before? Oh, that's right, the forum rules and the name calling prohibition at the top of each page.

I hate to admit it, but Cc is right. Sometimes your stridency carries you away, Lorax. Tone it down a few clicks on the dial, okay?

Lorax Guest

Gee, does Big Dog get the same admonition? Probably not.

Wordplay and double entendre is apparently lost on some people.

Who's Big Dog?

And I appreciate double entendres and wordplay as much as the next guy, but yours was a [[very) thinly veiled ad hominum attack.

Please don't go down that road; you're better than that.
    Last edited by elganned; October-03-09 at 11:03 AM.

Lorax Guest

Big Dog was the poster who originally posted the "Duck Quacking" remark, which I elaborated on [[post #9).

And for the record, I'm not convinced Batts is a "doctor" anyway, so such a label would hold no weight.

Lorax, I have heard several doctors referred to as QUACKS!

"the virtues of things like high fructose corn syrup, transfats, tanning beds, mercury in fish, drinking while driving, and anything else you can think of that has been proven to be poisonous to the population"

No, this group is not interested in "poisoning the population," it is interested in preserving the rights of manufacturers to make their products available to the population.
    I've yet to see any manufacturer of one of your "deadly poisons" attempt to force the populous to ingest their product.
    If you do not wish to be "poisoned" you are completely free to choose other options..me, I like a little poison in my life from time to time, and I'm a big enough boy that I don't need a nanny to protect me from my own choices.

See, this is the issue I have with the liberal outlook in general..you think that YOU are smart enough to know what's good for everyone, but feel that people are not bright enough to figure it out for themselves.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Doug View Post
    "the virtues of things like high fructose corn syrup, transfats, tanning beds, mercury in fish, drinking while driving, and anything else you can think of that has been proven to be poisonous to the population"

No, this group is not interested in "poisoning the population," it is interested in preserving the rights of manufacturers to make their products available to the population.
    I've yet to see any manufacturer of one of your "deadly poisons" attempt to force the populous to ingest their product.
    If you do not wish to be "poisoned" you are completely free to choose other options..me, I like a little poison in my life from time to time, and I'm a big enough boy that I don't need a nanny to protect me from my own choices.

See, this is the issue I have with the liberal outlook in general..you think that YOU are smart enough to know what's good for everyone, but feel that people are not bright enough to figure it out for themselves.
    I wouldn't presume, if I were you.

Problem with your so-called "liberal" views, and I'm really holding back the laughter here, is that your beloved corporations had to be forced into ingredients labels years ago to identify exactly what it was that was being put into your food. You can thank liberals for that one.

Furthermore, the chemical component of ingredients are allowed by law to change, be renamed at will to confuse the public into thinking they're getting something different than they really are.

Remember the attack on saccherine? That was to discredit a harmless sweetner so they could market and sell Equal and Splenda. HFCS is supercharged sugar, cheap to produce, and has been proven to be harmful. Why are there all thses new commercials out trying to give an "acquittal" to HFCS?

Sure, people can choose not to eat this stuff, but when it's in just about everything, and that list is growing, and now the ingredients labels are being changed to reflect new names for old additives, then all the info isn't out there.

If it were up to the corporatocracy in this country, you'd be able to light your own coffin, since you'd be glowing in the dark right about now. Or you'd be born with enough birth defects that you'd never know the difference. Choose your poison wisely.

Lorax Guest

A friend years ago worked in packaging design for Kraft Foods in Chicago, where I lived for several years.

His knowledge of the way Kraft manufactures their products, especially margerine and parmesan cheese would send you running for the hills.

Margerine matrix is nothing more than a non-toxic byproduct of petroleum production, brought in in oil drums, looking like typical axle grease. Additives such as emulsifiers, yellow and orange dyes, amongst other things color it and smooth the consistency to that of butter. The final product has no nutritional value, and when heated, can become carcinogenic when consumed regularly.

I think I'll stick to regular butter, thanks.

ccbatson Guest

Not true on the allegation of carcinogenesis...pseudoscience at best.

BTW, many of the things we eat regularly are pretty nasty in preparation.

Blarf Guest

I don't believe anything wishes ill health upon another [[in general). Total bullshit.

However, one knock I have a against the right-wing side is they tend to be strongly against the use of medical marijuana. It doesn't make any sense to deny sick people relief.

Being against marijuana at all doesn't make sense to me, but then I'm just a "liberal" and so by definition can't think straight.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    I don't believe anything wishes ill health upon another [[in general). Total bullshit.

However, one knock I have a against the right-wing side is they tend to be strongly against the use of medical marijuana. It doesn't make any sense to deny sick people relief.
    Total bullshit is believing there is no conspiracy to keep wealthy private insurers in business, screwing the individual out of health care they have paid for through years of faithfully paying their premiums.

What planet are you living on?

Quote Originally Posted by elganned View Post
    Being against marijuana at all doesn't make sense to me, but then I'm just a "liberal" and so by definition can't think straight.
    A liberal and a libertarian. Careful; supporting marijuana is a slippery slope leading to allowing farmers to grow industrial hemp. One thing leads to another and suddenly you find yourself wondering about the FDA regulating vitamins and keeping cancer drugs off the market for 8 years of testing. Next thing you know, you're a raving libertarian demanding freedom and mumbling something about, "Ron Paul is my President". When this happens, take extra blue pills.

Lorax Guest

Here's one of my favorite propaganda film posters of the thrities:

http://uncrate.apperceptive.com/men/...ess-poster.jpg

The first film I saw on the subject from the period. Amazing- all brought to us courtesy of William Randolph Hearst.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast