Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Paging Gannon

Default Paging Gannon

Hey man can you shoot me an email at krawlspace [[at) comcast.net?
    Wanted to ask a couple questions if you're still at Eph's...

Thanks!

I have been gone from there for two months now.

I will not discuss it, publicly or privately.

Thanks for understanding.

That chapter is closed, and it will probably not make the book.

...as well, Eph's soon.

What do you mean, Jams?

Stromberg2

I sent you a private message, Gannon.
    Hope you have a moment to look at it.
    It is regarding an arrangement you and I had.
    Thanks...

From the Pripyat thread:
    I'd like to know why the spiral in these new lightbulbs was designed to dump all their Mercury poison upon unscrewing, if the bulb is mounted 90-degrees to the floor, and then broken. It could've as simply been the reverse spiral.
    What an interesting observation. It hadn't occur to me that the direction of the spiral would matter until you mentioned this. Do you mean like an Archimedes' screw?

I Googled images of spiraled compact fluorescent light bulbs and they all spiral in the same direction: counterclockwise from base to tip when viewed from above. To me that seems correct for causing any liquid mercury to roll toward the base during counterclockwise unscrewing.

What am I missing?

John, got a stereo question for you....the "protector" message comes on on my Sony str de935. I've read of "solutions" on the net but no good. Is this thing just fried?

Stromberg2

smudge pot Guest

Gannon, time to resurface, you're part of the Core Team. You're made of sterner stuff. And this from a snot-nosed newbie!

Thanks, Smudge. There is no quicker way to get a thread dedicated to you over on the alter-site than to encourage me!

Sorry for the delay, Stromberg. Check inside the unit to see if there are any protection fuses...but it is likely you will need some repairs. Unplug the speakers and turn it on, just to make sure some short down the line isn't causing your issue. If the protection light doesn't come on when nothing is plugged in, then it could be a damaged speaker wire or something else.

With normal use, it is not common for amps to fail. Especially within the warranty period. Take it to ABL Electronics out by Oakland Mall.

LOL, JRocker, this has been a relatively fry-free holiday season. The family agreed to go without gifts at all, and VIOLA! Zero stress and lots of good times relating. Only one extraordinarily bitter aunt, and she's got her own stresses.

Cheers,
    John

smudge pot Guest

Welcome back, dude. Of course, now I'm going to have to go check out what those butt-niks are up to.

John, I did unplug the speakers from the unit, protector still comes on. I'm going to open it up to see if anything is loose. I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks,
    Stromberg2

smudge pot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    LOL, JRocker, this has been a relatively fry-free holiday season. The family agreed to go without gifts at all, and VIOLA! Zero stress and lots of good times relating. Only one extraordinarily bitter aunt, and she's got her own stresses.

Cheers,
    John
    Gannon, in life, as in billiards, the light touch is often the best. It seems as though this pest, for some unfathomable reason, decided to pull the pin and smother the grenade with his own body. Time to get out the mop and sponge, wipe the place down, and move on. Glad you're back!

Yeah, but deleting their words makes the conversations wripple with error in the reread...like disturbing the fabric of time. It is unwraveled a bit. Now some of the discussion doesn't make sense.

As if it did from the start, though...

smudge pot Guest

Everything makes sense to somebody:

"And the sea isn't green
    And I love the Queen
    And what exactly is a dream
    And what exactly is a joke?"

I get it, but don't ask me to explain it.

smudge pot Guest

Syd Barrett, b. January 6, 1946, d. July 7, 2006.

Join me in remembering this gentle Icarus on his birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by smudge pot View Post
    Syd Barrett, b. January 6, 1946, d. July 7, 2006.

Join me in remembering this gentle Icarus on his birthday.
    Ok!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQTFRq1hjtM

But what does this have to do with Gannon?

smudge pot Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    Ok!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQTFRq1hjtM

But what does this have to do with Gannon?
    Awesome clip, Pam! What's a Gannon?

Quote Originally Posted by smudge pot View Post
    Awesome clip, Pam! What's a Gannon?
    You know -that guy getting paged. He's a pretty far out dude, but was never in Pink Floyd.

Hey John, glad to see you back in action here.

Could you please comment on the video at Detroit Connections>Fun Videos>Terence Mckenna - Schizophrenic or Shamanic? on that thread? I sincerely respect your opinion.

It would be great if you could give your immediate impression and then wait a few days before giving a reflection. It really needs a pause for thought.

Thanks. You be the [[sha)Man.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-05-10 at 11:36 PM.

Jim,

Thanks, after last year I am amazed to be anything at all.

Terrence McKenna keeps popping up in my studies, but I've not read his and his brother's stuff directly just yet.

I'll take a look at it. The caffeine is just starting to hit...slow, rolling start today.

Cheers,
    John

Heya Pam...but I was INTO Pink Floyd from the very moment I first heard them.

Some resonances simply cannot be denied...heh.

Jimaz,

Here is my first response...this should be its own thread! I am wholeheartedly with this message.

But then again, a previous regular poster here has gone around town calling me Detroit's most dangerous schizophrenic...so I obviously have a bias here.

Cheers and more...once again comfortable with my previous comment that I'd willingly trade my sanity in order to encounter the Creator God-being. Why is it SO comfortable for me on this razor's edge?

I am still working on proving out the fellow who took me to Mars and back [[metaphorically, thus far).

Sincerely,
    John

Great, I thought you'd like it. Yeah, I know you're not schizophrenic.

I liked the way it so boldly challenges orthodoxy. The dreamy graphics toward the end are fantastic, like fractals only rounded, more natural. I have no idea how they did that.

We can't improve if we won't change. We can't improve greatly without changing deeply.

Jimaz,

Through my studies I've come to some working conclusions, and when I read McKenna I am greatly encouraged to find him agreeing with much of them.

I've not been able to ingest too much of his stuff on the TimeWave Theory and Novelty, except for small bites...but his IChing/Mayan calendar relational trends really has my attention...just from the juxtaposition!

I love his sense of humor but have trouble hearing his voice for very long.

I, too, have taken the stand that judicious use of SOME of the wonderment of nature...ingested only for the purpose of psychic expansion and training comfort in out-of-body wanderings...is a very good thing. BUT, only done within the realm of Native ceremony, including sweat lodging supercharged prayer/meditation.

Between the experimentation I've been doing with yoga and the above...I've grown more comfortable in my skin. It doesn't suck that every single person I've met along this path is full of love and light and peace and joy, either. They are the most encouraging and engaging people I've ever met, and we are all aiming for the same thing...

...a healing for the folks in the city [[and beyond, we don't discriminate, but the emergency is right here and right now and well within the city limits) and being ready and willing and able for that day when it seems the rest of the world is crumbling around us.

Cheers and more,
    John

Here's a 45-minute video about electromagnetic weaponry: THE INVISIBLE MACHINE - ELECTROMAGNETIC WARFARE.

They discuss HAARP, the Active Denial System, the Bell Island incident, etc.
    Last edited by Jimaz; April-15-10 at 06:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast