Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Book Club

Hey forum-ers,

I've noticed that Detroit has a severe lack of literary book clubs, so I'm starting a new one. The plan is to meet once a month, starting in November, to discuss a work of contemporary fiction. This month, we'll be discussing V.S. Naipaul's "A Bend in the River."

Our first meeting will be at 7 PM on November 3, 2009, at PJ's Lager House, 1254 Michigan Avenue, Detroit, Michigan. That's in Corktown, three blocks east of where Tiger Stadium used to be and two blocks west of the MGM Grand.

Everyone is welcome, but it would be helpful is you come having read the book.

For more info or to RSVP, visit us at myspace.com/DetroitBookClub or email us at DetroitBookClub@gmail.com.

Thanks!

How is this going so far? Count me out for now, as I'm not interested in that particular title nor am I in Michigan. As you may know, book clubs take significant effort to coordinate and organize. Please blog and advertise forthcoming books and myself and others may participate from afar. With winter setting in people are indoors more and TV is mostly an idiot box anyway.