Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Large Construction site on Piquette

Has anyone noticed the large construction site off of Piquette, about a block east of Woodward Avenue. It's a block away from the Ford Piquette plant. There's a large building being put up, but it's been done silently. I just came across is 2 months ago and it's well on it's way to being complete. Nothing has been in the paper and I haven't come across a thread on this site, talking about it.

I'd take a picture but I do not own a camera. Anyone mind driving by and snapping a picture for us to see?

Last edited by MikeM; September-29-09 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Edit to add 2nd link

First I've heard of the big outreach the VA made early last year...great news! Thanks MikeM.

But the problem I saw then remains, most of the homeless vets that I've met are that way on purpose, since they learned too much of how the world really works. They know that 'authority' can and will do whatever necessary to perpetrate and perpetuate their power...so they do their best to stay away from it all.

They have chosen to check out of the system. I asked then and again now...how does the VA expect to gather these honorable and usually brilliant-to-the-extreme Prodigals?!

Anyone officially from the organization is immediately on their list of suspected individuals...

....curious quandary.
    Last edited by Gannon; September-29-09 at 08:01 PM.

If they won't go to the VA hospitals for help when they're sick, some even near death...

...because they've heard how their brothers are treated with OBVIOUS disorders that are denied treatment [[since by admitting, say, that phosphorescent skin oil still circulating in the body twenty years hence MAY indicate something incredibly dangerous and highly illegal was tested and/or used during Vietnam when the leadership was saying it was merely Napalm), nah...they learn to avoid the liars.

I know, I SAW ol' Baretta pop a few zits that GLOWED in the dark in my early days at the Old Miami back in the 80s...I couldn't believe it then and hardly do now.

Sorry, I lost a few friends from then and am still pissed about the injustices served up to some of the finest men I've EVER met...
    Last edited by Gannon; September-29-09 at 08:00 PM.

Date of that thread is December 2007, potential outreach I was brought into must've been the way they thought they'd fill this place...but that was Feb/March 2008.

My tough questions may explain why I wasn't invited back to the discussion...

Gannon:

Thank you for your concern for our vets, especially the ones who do not fit into the puzzle designed by bureaucrats.

Bobl,

There is much to my life story that cemented my opinions, thanks for the encouragement. The Old Miami in 1987-9 was some of the deepest and greatest schooling I've ever had. If World War II brought us the Greatest Generation, the Vietnam conflict created the greatest LOST Generation of Warriors this country has ever produced.

I also 'lost' a grade- and high-school best friend to the Navy's brainwashing after his six-year stint in the 80s. I will never forget the blank look in his eyes when we discussed his wedding that took place in the middle of his Navy time. Only five years later, he totally could not remember that I had missed his wedding, after we spoke often from 8th grade onwards of each being the other's best man if and when we finally found THE girl to wed.

I knew something was amiss when he broke contact during a phone conversation during leave in the first half of his time in...when I told him of one class I was taking in my quest to understand and pursue a degree in Economics...a Marxist econ course.

For ME? It was a logical extension of my schooling, and probably a part of the degree requirements. Illuminating, the way the UofM-Dearborn professor presented it all.

For HIM? I was an immediate threat to his pursuit of a Top Secret clearance. Although, as far as I know he never made SEAL...but he spent considerable time on Diego Garcia in Navy Intelligence.

When he was done with his stint, I caught up with him at our ten-year reunion...when we had that talk of his wedding. He went on and on with the memories, but when I interrupted and reminded him that he didn't even invite me...he went into mental la-la land with the emptiest and scariest stare EVER. It was as if I was looking into the eyes of a zombie. He honestly could not recall either my missing his nuptials, OR anything of why he cut contact with me. It freaked me to my core. STILL does, obviously, and helps form my deep mistrust of any within and above Top Secret clearance.

We again broke contact, and I later learned that he developed some very rare form of cancer...but survived. He is now such a devout Catholic and company man with a large computer hardware supplier tied to the military infrastructure of the internet that I've chosen to not pursue it any further. He is still connected. If HE brings it up, I'm game, but while I investigate many things...I will leave this one go.

Thanks, I had largely forgotten all that on purpose, but the passion for these abused Vets brought it back to the fore of my mind. Sorry for the distraction, I HAD to get it off my chest.
    Last edited by Gannon; September-29-09 at 09:08 PM.