Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Johnny Ginger

Default Johnny Ginger

I've been lurking for two years, because I somehow got locked out. My membership expired, so I'm back. Came across this image, and thought you might like it. I've also got one of Robin Seymour, and will scan it. Ugly Mo-Fo. "Rockin' Robin" he wasn't.
    Anyway, I remember Curtain-Time Theater, and later the morning show. When Johnny was sick, Ricky the Clown marched his mule across the street to the WXYZ studios to fill in.
    Now that I'm un-locked, I'll contribute more memories from Brooklyn.
    Born in 1953, a remember much, from milkmen with dripping rear bumpers and ice-chips, to being dead in the middle of the riot, Herkimer Dragon, racism, and kid show hosts. Hudson's, mom-and-pop stores,
    Marygrove campus, and the flat, flat city of Detroit.
    Came across the program for the spring musical at Redford High School, "Greasepaint," and will post that as well. THE OUTPOST, too, site of my first published art.
    East side, West side, all around the town.
    Anyway, he was always my favorite bell-boy.
    In a field of one.

Mom, Dad, Patty 'n' all...

I read in the Freep that he will be in a large budget movie, being filmed locally soon.

As promised. Rockin' Robin.

JG mentioned my birthday on his show when I was 5.How cool was that in 1962?

Hey, let's not forget Poopdeck Paul and Captain Jolly!