Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Holy Shit-The Lions Win!

Wow.

I am speechless.

Sorry to all the tailgators who didn't go to the game.

Sorry to all those who lost their sure bets.

Cheers!

It's the 5th sign of the Apocalypse

Did somebody just say that hell froze over?

lilpup Guest

Aw, c'mon, they don't even own the losing streak record.

shit... was praying for 0-32.

Now even prayers don't work around here.

wow. I just realized that I've had two birthdays since the last time they won a game

I knew I should of gone to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    shit... was praying for 0-32.

Now even prayers don't work around here.
    And what would that prove?

If you really REALLY don't give a sh!t about our team, just simply stay away.

I'm realistic in the sense that I know we don't have a great football team. But the fact that they carry our city's name and in an odd way represent us in the eyes of the NFL, I cheer for them every single week.

Care to kick our fair city in any other way??

There should be a parade for them, so I can throw fruit at them for taking too damn long to win a game

Quote Originally Posted by Tig3rzhark View Post
    There should be a parade for them, so I can throw fruit at them for taking too damn long to win a game
    Why wait? Why not just go to the next Lions game like these idiots did and get arrested?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT2XyIBMWUY

Default Congrats Lions fans its been awhile

Good day for Detroit

yeah i know a couple of guys who laid off this game on their football cards because it wasnt a sure thing either way...

Even though it's just one win, there is a ton of emotion placed on this win. Being a diehard Lions fan, I'm planning to celebrate the hell out of this win until next week. Its been waaaay too long to experience this feeling!

thatguy123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ltdave View Post
    yeah i know a couple of guys who laid off this game on their football cards because it wasnt a sure thing either way...
    LOL anyone who thought this game "wasnt a sure thing either way" doesn't know crap about football betting. Washington was -6 1/2 at the start of the game. They only average 13.5 a game. It was going to be a cold day in hell before they covered that, even if they won.

I was rather amused at watching William Clay Ford and family celebrating in their box at the end of the game. You'd of thought they had just won the Super Bowl.

Well, perhaps this marks the start of better days ahead. They may even go 2-14 this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I was rather amused at watching William Clay Ford and family celebrating in their box at the end of the game. You'd of thought they had just won the Super Bowl.

Well, perhaps this marks the start of better days ahead. They may even go 2-14 this year.

lol.......

it was a great game! and being there was definitely a plus!

YAY!

FINALLY! I've waited two years for this moment.

Does this victory mean the curse of Bobby Layne is finally lifted? PS-sure glad they honored the surviving 1957 Lions in 07.

lilpup Guest

Yeah, it was a 50 year curse dating from 1958, so last year was the final year.

Glad to see one of our Univ. of Ga. Dawgs could help!

Enjoy it while you can. The new losing streak starts this Sunday.
    Wake me up when they're competitive again.
    All I can say is "thank God for the Tigers".

Holy Shit! is right. I've listened to about a total of 3 minutes of the Lions in the last 5 - 10 years and it was the last 3 minutes of this game. I happened upon my neighbors grilling, drinking and partying while tuned in to the game. They grabbed me and said, 'sit down and join us. We're about to be a part of history'. We all laughed at that one. But we listened. After it was over, we all agreed we'd likely remember exactly where we were and who we were with when the Lions finally won.

Quote Originally Posted by fratman View Post
    Does this victory mean the curse of Bobby Layne is finally lifted? PS-sure glad they honored the surviving 1957 Lions in 07.
    Hopefully you all know that Matt Stafford went to the same high school in Dallas that Bobby Layne attended as well? That's why the "curse" is OFFICIALLY over.