Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Tom Cruise in Detroit

My son is visiting us from AZ. He went to the Lions game today and just called me from the stands. He said Tom Cruise is there. Yep, Tom Cruise the actor. Just wondering if he's filming around town or what?

Maybe Tom want to see history being made. If the Lions win, it will be a big deal and.........if they lose, it will be a big deal.
    Last edited by Mama Jackson; September-27-09 at 12:20 PM. Reason: spelling.

Buy American Guest

Tom Cruz or Tom Cruise?

His son, Conner, is playing a part in the remake of Red Dawn

Regarding incorrect name spelling. I stand corrected, and so does my post.
    Last edited by Mama Jackson; September-27-09 at 12:26 PM.

Maybe he's recruiting for the Scientologists downtown.

That's not Tom Cruise, that's Jerry Maguire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaiSHcHM0PA

dfunkycity Guest

Seems like a very nice man regardless of the media trying to paint him in a negative light.

Speaking of his faith, Travolta comes to mind and his recent loss.
    Another man that seems to have his heart i the right place.

Default Detroit-filmed 'Red Dawn' remake

Tom Cruise's son Connor cast in Detroit-filmed 'Red Dawn' remake
    By Jessica Nunez
    August 11, 2009, 9:58AM

The remake of the 1984 film "Red Dawn" has announced additional cast members to be joining Chris Hemsworth, Adrianne Palicki and Josh Peck.
    The biggest name on the list is Connor Cruise, Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman's adopted son.
    The 14-year-old made his acting debut last December, playing the younger version of Will Smith's character in "Seven Pounds."
    According to Reuters, Cruise will act in the role of Daryl, which was played by Darren Dalton in the original movie.
    MORE DETAILS
    'Red Dawn' Casting Call
    Saturday, Aug. 15 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
    Ridgedale Players Community Theater
    205 W Long Lake Rd., Troy
    Also joining the cast are John Hutcherson who has previously been seen in "Journey to the Center of the Earth," Isabel Lucas from "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" and Edwin Hodge of Fox's "Mental."
    The "Red Dawn" remake will feature the Wolverines fighting off Chinese and Russian soldiers this time around, instead of Soviets.
    The film will be shot in Detroit from September through December this year and is set to be released in September of 2010.
    The film is actively seeking paid extras in the Metro Detroit area.
    The gig could be a good way to make extra cash, and those who land a role might even spot Tom or Nicole on set.

He's also a friend of Redskins owner Daniel Snyder.

So you will all call me a suckup to Maroun BUT i was in his suite today @ Ford Field and guess who was next door, Tom Cruise Suri and Katie Holmes, pictures coming soon, tried to get him to come to Matty's suite but to no avail [[CNN's former anchor Bernard Shaw was always in the way).

It was a great game and Matty was very friendly and we talked about the train station [[that was the reason I was there) and even in his slightly inebriated state he was very adamant that he wanted to save it and was asking me how to keep trespassers out which was very reassuring because well IMHO people who have had a bit to drink are very honest.

Anyway pics coming soon=)

yawn

for some reason this has to be 10 characters.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    yawn

for some reason this has to be 10 characters.
    I know, I hate that. Drive-by snark ain't welcome in these parts, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by dexterferry View Post
    mcsboyfriend, how does matty know he can trust you to join his inner circle? is it your republican credentials? I've heard his offices up in warren are more secure than the white house.

did you consider suggesting to the old buzzard that he could hire a full-time security guard to keep out 90 percent of the [[[[[[[[[s who trespass in his train station? they could also keep an eye on his textbook library and homeless popsicle factory across the street.
    I don't think has trust has much to do with it, his company has reached out to my organization and is helping us every step of the way with making the train station good again. As far as republican I am not, I have voted straight democratic ticket since I could vote. In fact my Obama signs were vandalized [[lit aflame!) last october and mccain-palin signs strewn across my lawn

I know I can't convince you guys much more but I had a decent chat with the guy and he was very genuine and surprisingly nice; I was expecting some hard old bastard who didn't want to talk to anybody or have anyone look at him.

First thing he asked me was how people were getting in, and I told him straight up "the steel bars you guys put in where your property ends and the city property begins [[under the tracks) are shit, they're too far apart and people squeeze through them easily"
    He seemed pretty dumfounded - apparently he hasn't been in there much - and told me to let one of his people know and it'll be replaced straight away. They're also doing the asbestos abatement next week, and a new fence and security cameras will be installed shortly.

Why it's all happening now? I don't know, maybe the city council decision in April finally lit a flame under his ass.

Regardless it was an amazing experience and he was a really friendly guy, and I believe that he was being genuine because of the amount of beers he had over the span of the game....in fact he had no security with him, Tom Cruise had 5 guys standing outside the door and one on each side of the suite [[since they're open air, people in the club seats can look right in)

Blarf Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    So you will all call me a suckup to Maroun BUT i was in his suite today @ Ford Field and guess who was next door, Tom Cruise Suri and Katie Holmes, pictures coming soon, tried to get him to come to Matty's suite but to no avail [[CNN's former anchor Bernard Shaw was always in the way).
    Ohhhh!!!

No one cares about Tom Cruise. He's a [[[[[[[[[ who believes is goofy fairy tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Blarf View Post
    Ohhhh!!!

No one cares about Tom Cruise. He's a [[[[[[[[[ who believes is goofy fairy tales.
    No goofier than Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by mcsdetroitfriend View Post
    They're also doing the asbestos abatement next week, and a new fence and security cameras will be installed shortly.
    Thanks for the update. I had assumed Moroun threw in the towel and gave into the city demo demands after the all armchair haters started with their asbestos writing campaign . Good to hear they're going to be continuing to work on it next week.

ROFLMAO at mcsdetroitfriends social interaction.....

Mcs... ignore the reactions that you get [[sexual innuendo and all)... it's just that some people around here [[and elsewhere ) get a little "loopy" about folks striking up an acquaintance with people that they percieve to be a slumlord.

Trust me... it'll come up again out of the blue on a completely unrelated different thread... it has an unfortunate side effect of "bringing out the 12 year old mentality" in some folks... embarassing, but true...

Was he at the game where the Lions actually won? Maybe we could ask him to stick around for a little bit as a good luck charm.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Thanks for the update. I had assumed Moroun threw in the towel and gave into the city demo demands after the all armchair haters started with their asbestos writing campaign . Good to hear they're going to be continuing to work on it next week.
    Glad to see some of the updates are appreciated, I know I was very pleased to hear it straight from the source.

As for Glistok, if you're being genuinely sincere there then cool thanks for the advice, people get silly with anonynimity.

Tom Cruise is friends with Redskins owner Dan Snyder.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    No goofier than Christianity.
    C'mon gumby, a completely for-profit "religion" based on a belief about aliens flying around on a DC-10 and hibernating in a volcano thousands of years ago isn't goofier than Christianity? I'm no mother theresa, but how ya figure, exactly?

MCS Friend, good to hear you've been hanging with The Man, if anything your youthful appearance and propensity for being up front and honest will change him a little, or at least make him reconsider how he treats the city, its property, and its people.

I'm curious, did you talk with him about the Bait Shop that he has smothered visavis his illegal truck plaza?

Ha Hey george good to see you [[ i met you in the station back in july - ashton) I didn't have too long of a chat with him, mainly on topic of the station [[the reason I was there), there were about 15 people in the suite and they all wanted to chat with him.

Well, anything done to clean up the station is a positive, I suppose.

Mcs, good luck in your future endeavors, God knows you'll need it around these parts!

P.S. About Tom Cruise, he's a tool, but if he brings money to our fair city, I'll drive out the welcome wagon!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast