Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Hammond Building demo photos?

Has anyone ever seen any? I can't seem to track them down.

OK, does anyone have any private home photos or anything of it? Grams or Gramps maybe taking pictures? I'll pay to use them.

Not sure how hard you are looking - but ive seen photos of that in old issues of the Detroiter magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    Not sure how hard you are looking - but ive seen photos of that in old issues of the Detroiter magazine.
    Of the demo?

History and demo photos of Detroit's first skyscraper, like, ever, are up now at www.buildingsofdetroit.com.

You are amazing. That write up is one of the best yet. I loved the Time Sq one, but this is ... amazing.

I wish I could have seen and had been able to go into that building.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    You are amazing. That write up is one of the best yet. I loved the Time Sq one, but this is ... amazing.
    Gnome, you're making me blush.
    But seriously, I'll keep writin' if you keep readin'.

BuildingsOfDetroit, your site is fabulous! I have bookmarked it! Your history of the Hammond is amazing.

Kudos to you, Buildings of Detroit!! Job well done. I will keep checking back to see what you've uncovered and documented!! Thank you.

Nice job, BoD. One of my very favorite sights.

Stromberg2

Buildings of Detroit... what can I say that hasn't been said? Thanks!

I'd lament to how half a century ago they had no idea what they were destroying and how it could never be replaced, but the lessons have yet to be learned.