Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Is it over for Moroun?

In the past few weeks Moroun has lost some significant battles...

Rep Tlaib Defeated Adolph Mongo's Recall attempt.

The canadian government holds steady on the point of they do not want his bridge... and have even passed laws to make it harder... http://www.crainsdetroit.com/apps/pb.../SUB/702090303

Dan Stamper seems to be in denial that he needs permits to build...and even admits they want riverside becuase it will be 10 million dollars less to build if they have riverside...http://www.wxyz.com/news/local/story...Kxs-N7PyQ.cspx

There story of National Security for fencing riverside has been shot to hell and they have outstanding lawsuits with virtually all forms of US government...

I know it is far from over but significant blows have been dealt...

He's a multi-millionaire [[billionaire?) in his eighties. I think he'll overcome the blows.

Obviously you never want to count your chickens before they hatch, especially with a guy as powerful as Maroun. But he has been taking a beating lately. It would be helpful if people with longer memories can comment on whether Maroun has faced political pressure like he's faced lately in the past, and what he's done about it. Have there been periods of heat on him that fade away in the past? Or is the bridge battle something new?

Don't I recall that Moroun claims the original concession for the bridge gives him right of first refusal to build any additional spans? I don't know if that's true or not, but if it is, it would be a pretty powerful trump card.

What does that mean that it will cost him $10M more without Riverside park? does that mean he will have to go over the top of it? What are the 'air rights' to a public park?

I would have to say it is over for him too.

Lorax Guest

The Matted Moron is a billionaire. What's the big deal about 10 million bucks more for a little good publicity?

Just shows you the greed and avarice of those with entirely too much money for their own good.

If the Canadian government won't let him build the bridge, what makes anyone think that he'll get his way?

Quite frankly, this may be the earliest instance of the dreaded North American compact showing its very ugly face.

As one of the richest men in the world, he would be a member of the elite who some think will be enforcing their will upon us all...as they've been doing so covertly through our lifetimes, they will begin OVERTLY very soon.

Keep an eye on this, as we also watch that Mexico/Canada freeway thoroughfare being built through the middle of the country, again against the will of the common people.

I'm just sayin'...

A quick search on google using the phrase "Is there any tie between the North American Superhighway and the Ambassador Bridge?"

Yields these very interesting articles:

http://www.aaroads.com/high-priority/corr18.html [[scroll down to the very end)

http://www.dot.gov/affairs/minetasp043004.htm [[transcript of a speech from NORMAN Y. MINETA, Transportation Secretary, 2004)

and finally, this one:

http://www.forcingchange.org/conquer..._with_endnotes

VERY CURIOUS STUFF, wouldn't you say?!

[[sometimes you just need a resourceful conspiracy theorist to stir the pot...)

Gannon, right on! As an older [[all right - an old fart) person, I've usually been skeptical of conspiracy theories during much of my life. As of this point I'd have to say conspiracies are commonplace or maybe it's just collusion. But whatever the case may be, it's not just coincidence.

[[sometimes you just need a resourceful conspiracy theorist to stir the pot...)[/quote]

I see evidences in trends.

THIS will be the first one in concrete.

If he can succeed in building his bridge, against all of the obvious government and especially judicial rulings against him...in TWO countries...then it will be very obvious that there is at least one group that is above both, and he is a member of it or has their distinct approval [[because he owns an key asset they need to succeed)!

And that group AIN'T the United Nations...heh.

His sheer boldness up to this point is enough proof to me.

Someone told me that he ONLY flies the flag of his home country at his home in Grosse Pointe, too. I think it is Lebanon.

So there is a great chance that this VERY rich man has never actually had any of this country's best interests at heart or in mind, nor the one his bridge lands on over the river.

We don't really have evidence he has a heart, actually, from what I've heard of him suing people within his OWN family, too.

He really sounds like a total scum of the earth, EXACTLY the sort of rich man who would join up with the Tri-Lateral Commission and the others the Conspiracy Theorists point to when others ask who 'they' are!

[[now to find caffeine...)
    Last edited by Gannon; September-28-09 at 08:35 AM.