Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Buy American Guest

Default Charles Pugh sued

"Detroit City Council Candidate Sued
    Updated: Friday, 25 Sep 2009, 9:09 PM EDT
    Published : Friday, 25 Sep 2009, 9:09 PM EDTA former Fox 2 employee and candidate for Detroit City Council is the target of a lawsuit. Charles Pugh is being sued by his condo association.

The lawsuit claims he owes more than 14-hundred dollars in unpaid fees to the Woodward Place at Brush Park. Pugh left his position at Fox 2 and another at a radio station to run for city council.

He released the following statement.

"Deciding to leave two jobs to run for Detroit City Council has required great financial sacrifice. This lawsuit is a reflection of that, and will be handled as soon as possible. I do not regret my decision to run. I only regret that this personal matter has to be handled publicly."

Where did he think his income was going to come from, the fairy godmother? Some better planning on his part before he ran for office could have avoided any publicity about his finances. Here is someone who wants to run the City of Detroit...an already financially strapped city....and he can't even handle his own let alone someone elses.

Charles...running for public office puts you and your finances out there for scrutiny...if you don't want that to happen, don't run. People in the City of Detroit have a right to know how you handle your own life before they allow you to handle what goes on in Detroit.

You're a day late. Someone already started this thread yesterday. http://detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=2770

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    You're a day late. Someone already started this thread yesterday. http://detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=2770
    Woops! My bad.