Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Look -- conservatives who believe in global warming!

Yes, Virginia...err, Cc, they do exist!

Sept. 25, 2009 | When eminent scientists, elected officials and diplomats of all political persuasions gather in Copenhagen in December to renew the worldwide effort against catastrophic climate change, there will be at least one discordant voice in the house. Sen. James Inhofe, the Oklahoma Republican who has called global warming "the greatest hoax ever perpetrated," has vowed to bring the conservative message of doubt, in person, to Climate Conference 2009.
    No doubt Inhofe's appearance will embarrass the Obama administration and irritate environmentalists, just as the eccentric Oklahoman intends. But nobody will be more frustrated and perplexed than the European conservatives who are hosting the conference in Denmark and whose governments in Germany, Sweden and France have made the most sustained progress toward the energy and carbon reduction goals set out in the original Kyoto agreement. Those leaders cannot understand why their ideological comrades in the United States refuse to acknowledge the gravity of the problem -- and insist that "conservatism" is synonymous with freedom to pollute and ruin.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/conason...conservatives/

After following the weather in Michigan this past summer, seems like a little global warming might not be all that bad.

Amazing. The Europeon conservatives were allowed to climb out of their cage and yet they elected to not climb back in!

That's not very conservative.

Y'all DO realize that the good ol' globe has been on a COOLING trend for the past decade which was NOT predicted by any of the spiffy computer models which are predicting that the sky is falling, don't ya?

Here's a tip..it's not a religion, it's a theory..when the theory doesn't pan out, it's not heresy to change your mind.
    This particular theory is failing to follow the path predicted..but rather than admit a mistake, politically driven worshippers merely rewrite the theory as needed on an almost daily basis.
    Is this REALLY what you want to destroy the global economy for?

ccbatson Guest

Those "conservatives" are the types we need to get out of the ranks and they are doing it to grab money/power for themselves...witness Schwarzenneger, and even Newt Gingrich [[and McCain).

Does it matter how many idiots or sleazy politicians scream the lie as loudly as they can? It is still a massive deception.

Blarf Guest

I remember the "global warming" hype after Hurricane Katrina. I don't think that worked out in their favor. Did a storm even hit this year?

I love it when conservatives think they know more than the scientists who've been studying this for years. "Look! It snowed today! Global warming must be a hoax! Also, I hate Al Gore."
    Go get your Ph.D. in Climatology, put in a few years of research, and then we'll listen.

Don't hate Al Gore. Like Clark Kent, he does what he can. Why just yesterday the Wall Street journal announced that he was helping fund a new brand of electric luxury cars to be manufactured in Finland. I was beginning to worry that the stimulus money wasn't going to get spent building Finnish luxury cars before the recession is over.

"Mr.Rogers [[of DOE) said. "We got quite excited." "The Karma will target an exclusive audience -- Gore was one of the first to sign up for one." "The four-door Karma, powered by a lithium-ion battery, will be able to run solely on electric power for 50 miles, and will achieve an average fuel economy of 100 mpg over the span of a year, the company says. Production is scheduled to start in December, with about 15,000 vehicles a year expected to hit the U.S. market starting next June."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB125383160812639013.html

I was inspired to look for suitable music for the importing of Al Gore's new Karma. Yes, the Karma. What an appropriate name for an imported electric sports car paid for with US taxpayer dollars in the middle of a recession. Thank you Mr. Gore. This will make the climate cooler for unemployed Americans.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPsNE7_hKm8&NR=1

Agence France-Presse/Getty Images from WSJ
    Karma hybrid sports car, above, will initially cost about $89,000.
    Welcome to the Ritz!

EastSider Guest

Here's a graph showing the temperature measurements from two of the three groups who calculate the global totals, overlaid with the CO2 levels. Since 2002, temperatures have been on a downward trend while CO2 levels continue to rise.

Even the warming alarmists are now admitting that the globe will cool for the next 20-30 years. In their mind, human-induced warming will then resume, but they haven't really explained why the natural processes that will lower temperature will suddenly stop being effective in 20 or 30 years.

ccbatson Guest

Follow the enormous trail of money to Al Gore and Obama's front door and much will become clear.

Oladub,

I read that yesterday too. Unfriggenbelievable.

Did someone mention "global economy'? There it is, in action. Not only are these folks endorsing trade imbalance, they are now funding it with our borrowed money.

ccbatson Guest

You should hate and blame Al Gore, he is the architect of this colossal act of deception and thievery.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    You should hate and blame Al Gore, he is the architect of this colossal act of deception and thievery.
    I had no idea you had a Ph.D. in Climatology. You know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, don't you?
    At least EastSider gave us some actual science with charts and stuff. I'm sure you're going to share your personal research into this "colossal act of deception and thievery" for us now. I can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    I had no idea you had a Ph.D. in Climatology. You know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, don't you?
    At least EastSider gave us some actual science with charts and stuff. I'm sure you're going to share your personal research into this "colossal act of deception and thievery" for us now. I can't wait.
    Don't bet on it. Unless he hears some sound bite on Mark Lavin, he will ignore your post.

EastSider Guest

Here's another one...

EastSider Guest

Or these nifty graphs that compare recorded Arctic temps with both CO2 levels and Total Solar Irradiance. Which two data sets fit together better?

Interesting. Where did those come from?

Diehard..I strongly recommend that [[as a start) you read Michael Crichton's novel "State of Fear."
    It's an entertaining work of fiction which comes with enough real-world graphs and footnotes to keep you busy for a few weeks. If you still have such faith in the politicized religion of global warming after you've read the book, get back to me and I'll be more than happy to enlighten you with more graphs, charts, and reports than you can stand..

EastSider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
    Interesting. Where did those come from?
    http://icecap.us/index.php

EastSider Guest

Then there are the ocean currents to contend with. We're all familiar with El Nino and La Nina, but there are also the larger Pacific Decadal Oscillation and the Atlantic Multi-decadal Oscillations.

ccbatson Guest

Read Chris Horner's book "Global Warming, The Politically Incorrect Guide". There are a couple of more recent books that are also very good, however, this is the trend setter and references most of the hard science.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Doug View Post
    Diehard..I strongly recommend that [[as a start) you read Michael Crichton's novel "State of Fear."
    It's an entertaining work of fiction which comes with enough real-world graphs and footnotes to keep you busy for a few weeks. If you still have such faith in the politicized religion of global warming after you've read the book, get back to me and I'll be more than happy to enlighten you with more graphs, charts, and reports than you can stand..
    I never said I had faith in the "politicized religion of global warming". I don't know if it's real; I'm not a climatologist. I do know it's complicated, and it's best left to the scientists to do their research, and so far they overwhelmingly agree it is real.
    What irks me is when people with a political agenda or a financial stake try to pretend they have the answer. I refuse to give any time to "studies" that are funded by oil companies, or Bush voters who bitch about the size of Al Gore's house, or some yahoo at the bar who thinks a heavy snowfall proves it's a hoax. I thought the movie "The Day After Tomorrow" was really stupid too.
    If it turns out that it's all a mistake, or not as severe as predicted, then that'd be a relief. It still wouldn't change the fact that fossil fuels are a bad long-term energy policy, and I still wouldn't trade my bike for a Hummer.
    I appreciate your offer, but I think fiction, entertaining as it may be, doesn't help clear the air.

ccbatson Guest

We know it is not real as there is no decisive scientific evidence in support of it. Remember that the burden of proof does not fall on the skeptics, but the people making the claims.

I don't know if it's real; I'm not a climatologist. I do know it's complicated, and it's best left to the scientists to do their research, and so far they overwhelmingly agree it is real.
    Climatologists do NOT "overwhelmingly agree" that any of the doomsday predictions are real. Quite frequently, those who are in agreement change their minds..and oddly, when their mind no longer sides with the politicized version of reality, they no longer have access to conferences and are largely ignored by the media..this is an overtly agenda-driven "science," and that is made obvious by the ostracizing of scientists who fail to toe the line.
    I appreciate your offer, but I think fiction, entertaining as it may be, doesn't help clear the air.
    It wasn't an offer, it was a suggestion. You do not seem interested enough in this subject to do any real research yourself, yet you are obviously of the opinion that "it's real." I suggested a fact-based work of fiction, as it's easier on the brain than diving into the thousands of pages of hard science head-first. "State of Fear" contains hundreds of real-world charts, pictures, data, quotes, etc..all nicely footnoted for research at your leisure. The fact that it's packaged as an entertaining story is merely icing on the cake..word-for-word, I would have to say that Crichton's book contains considerably less fiction than Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" propaganda flick.
    Last edited by ZRX Doug; September-27-09 at 10:32 AM.

ccbatson Guest

I would not grant the credibility that consensus, whether present or not, imparts any scientific conclusion whatsoever....IT DOES NOT.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast