Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default G20 Protesters Blasted by Sonic Cannon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...g20-pittsburgh

Wasn't this one of those weapons Gannon warned us about?
    But seriously, these Pittsburgh cops sound like sissies:

Only a few hundred protesters took to the streets of Pittsburgh to mark the opening day of the G20 summit of world leaders

Damn, Sci-Fi becomes reality.

Now the problem with that is it's indiscriminate. It has the same effect on everyone whether they're making trouble or not. I doubt the guy driving that beer truck was causing any problem.

They should arrest themselves for disturbing the peace.

And once again being a gun nut/motorcyclist comes to my rescue..I've got a pricey set of custom-formed silicone earplugs that are always in my pocket, but my guess is that protestors would be just fine with the el-cheapo foam plugs that sell for 2-3 bucks for four pair at any department store..
    Beats the snot outta getting tazed, hosed down with water, or shot with "rubber bullets" or bean bags..

ccbatson Guest

It is better than using the Monty Python fatal joke on them I suppose.

<shudder>

Now THAT would be cruel and unusual, Cc. Stop that!

At 8min30sec in this video, Gannon's sound truck shows up and starts slowly turning up the volume. Oddly enough, the protesters weren't all dressed in black anarchist costumes and they were chanting "U-S-A, U-S-A" when this happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akwjAjcQnqM

This is NOT the device I have been talking about, btw.

The Active Denial System is WAY more destructive, it is a microwave beam that slowly toasts the skin...causes anyone in its path to feel extreme burning...when the volume is turned low...around one on the dial.

The volume knob goes to eleven, though.

You do the math.

Always remember, General Wynne of the Air Force said on September 12th, 2006 that he wouldn't employ the ADS in warfare, because if it injured anyone it could cause a potential backlash against the US because they couldn't control the foreign press.

Again, please, do the math. Figure it out for yourselves. I will not always be here to bring this to your attention, nor tweak your conscience.

dont forget this is the same government that a lot of people want in control of our banks, health care, our welfare when we are elderly, and so much more.

personally, the last people i'd want to trust are the crooks in Washington.
    these corrupted crooks have developed these weapons to use against the very people they represent.

ccbatson Guest

Maybe the demonstrators could learn from the conservative protesters and do their protesting peacefully.

Quote: "could learn from the conservative protesters"

Yeah only yell and scream when the girl on stage with the headset taking orders from upstairs raises her arm. And don't look right at the Fox news cameras...ever!

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Papasito View Post
    dont forget this is the same government that a lot of people want in control of our banks, health care, our welfare when we are elderly, and so much more.

personally, the last people i'd want to trust are the crooks in Washington.
    these corrupted crooks have developed these weapons to use against the very people they represent.

Don't forget which government is so fond of developing such weapons. Rethuglicans. You can thank Reagan and the Tushes for that one.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Maybe the demonstrators could learn from the conservative protesters and do their protesting peacefully.
    LOL!!!

They were "conservative" protesters. They' ve been the ones so good at co-opting the American flag as their symbol, as if it doesn't belong to all of us.

Bumper sticker diplomacy brought to you by the fascist right.

Did you watch the clips? The people were peaceful. Didn't even look like much protesting was going on at the time they decided to blast.

I was impressed by both sides.

The police for maintaining a singular menacing persona - not saying that such a thing is right, but you could tell they were well trained - no freelance police hotheads going off in a random fashion ...IE, Chicago '68 or Seattle '98 or Detroit any-date.

And the protesters were calm in their resolve to resist the police presence. The guy on the megaphone didn't resort to Loraxian distemper nor did he incite his cohorts to violence. Both sides did a good job in keeping their emotions in check.

However, I didn't see/hear any sonic weirdness. Did I miss something? I saw that big ass Winnebago pull up, and heard the loudspeaker voice say "Disperse, you are violating the law" but I didn't see people bent over in pain, didn't see people running from the sound, didn't see folks fall down or even look uncomfortable.

While my sympathies are with the protesters, as I'm sure I would have tried to land a punch on the Darth Vader clones ... I am loath to jump to contusions and label that video proof of a sonic cannon.

Can someone show me my error here? What did I miss?

ccbatson Guest

Throwing rocks and physically accosting people is not peaceful Pam.

Those actions in no way, shape, or form should provoke a full-scale military response, either, Cc. EVER.

Storm troopers are not necessary. EVER.

MOST of the bad behavior unto riots are started by Agents Provocateurs.

These actions are related to the oft-repeated False Flags that I cannot remind y'all enough of, although I bet that you have ignored them while speed reading.

But the powers-that-be will continue to turn up the heat as more of us dare stand up and fight the continual onslaught of their evil ways upon us. They think their show of might will deter protests...history shows they are wrong. Dead wrong.

The more the protestors show peaceful and loving actions, the more those-who-fashion-themselves-Lords' horrible over reactions will, unfortunately, become overKILLING. There is a certain trajectory to this, and the trends are not pretty. Watch, those of you on the sidelines, as these contrasts become even MORE apparent, time and again.

Corporate Capitalism is already dead. Empire building at the expense of the indigenous is done. Both have a bit of momentum still, as their proponents continue to ride the dead flesh to continue their lifestyles.

If we lose, and I specifically mean all natural loving people of conscience, then Mother Nature will sneeze off the rest of you evildoers, probably the moment you think you've actually succeeded in eliminating your enemies. It is only a matter of time. She knows what you are capable of...with many times the nuclear force than necessary to blow up the planet.

You, Cc, are a microcosm of the worst of the species inhabiting our planet. Selfish to the extreme, and actively promoting actions that hasten the demise of any who dare oppose you. I pity you and your hardened heart. Must be lonely inside without a soul to warm you. I cannot understand how you can even look in the mirror.

No cheers on this one.

Take your hand off the gas pipe, John. The world ain't so bleak. Just think abut what a lovely day today is. Tomorrow will be even better.

I didn't see any full-scale military response [[which in my book includes a whole lot of shit you didn't see)nor did I see any rock throwing or even water balloon tossing.

Where was the violence? I saw intimidation. I saw threat of violence. I saw a resolute but disorganized resistance. No Violence though, by any party. What am I missing here? Why has everybody retreated to their respective parapits?

John, come on man, don't despair. Light a candle. Say a prayer. Smoke a bowl. It will be fine.

really.

Whatchoo got, Gnome, I've been out for a week.

Ain't got no gas pipe either...

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Take your hand off the gas pipe...come on man...Light a candle...really.
    What is this? Wyandotte?

A couple more videos. Moral of the first video is not to throw one's bicycle at the police unless you have good dental insurance. In the second video, some U of Pittsburgh students are gassed and sprayed when trapped on the stairway of their residence hall. There was a policeman further up the stairs who seems to have eventually let them by but not before the civics lesson.

My wife adds that the Roman Army used tapping and cadence to intimidate the enemy as the police did in one of the above videos. I wonder why these G-20 meetings aren't held out in the boonies somewhere instead of nearly evacuating and bringing business to a halt in downtown Pittsburgh for the President and his international friends.

bicycle girl http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J23HNJBbpcg
    students observing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNeD4rHUF4A

Now it says the first video was removed by the user.

I thought I recognized that sound. Years ago I made an electronic prank from a sound synthesizer chip. I stuffed all the electronics with a battery and mercury switch into a telephone handset. It was cramped so I could only fit in enough components to make that particular sound.

It was funny. People couldn't resist playfully picking up the detached handset and holding it to their ear. But when they did, the mercury switch would trigger and play that sound into their ear. When they put it down it stopped.

However, I didn't see/hear any sonic weirdness. Did I miss something? I saw that big ass Winnebago pull up, and heard the loudspeaker voice say "Disperse, you are violating the law" but I didn't see people bent over in pain, didn't see people running from the sound, didn't see folks fall down or even look uncomfortable
    Both the clips in that Guardian link show people covering their ears and leaving the scene and a loud annoying sound is heard.

Throwing rocks and physically accosting people is not peaceful Pam.
    Nobody appears to be doing that in the videos I saw of them using the cannon.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast