Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Another email scam - when will it stop?

Has anyone received this email yet? I've stopped getting the ones from Nigeria and now this! I'll just delete it, but you know some poor souls are going to respond and then what? Is there a security email office or some place we can send these things to? I know with eBay and PayPal I send those to spoof whatever. Just wondering? Maybe someone here knows of an email address where we can send such things???

Your Password Has Been Disabled Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:36 PM

"U.S. Bank." <alerts.security@cs.usbank-email.com>

To:
    undisclosed-recipients

Because of unauthorized account access your password has been disabled.

So you can gain access to your account we need to verify your identity.

Please use the form bellow and complete the process:

http://bathf-45782-001.dsvr.co.uk/ph...g/LoginRouter/

U.S. Bank

Most Internet Service Provider's have a Terms Of Service violation address that you can send such crap to.
    I'd try going to my ISP's homepage and doing a search of their FAQ for "TOS e-mail."

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    Has anyone received this email yet? I've stopped getting the ones from Nigeria and now this! I'll just delete it, but you know some poor souls are going to respond and then what? Is there a security email office or some place we can send these things to? I know with eBay and PayPal I send those to spoof whatever. Just wondering? Maybe someone here knows of an email address where we can send such things???

Your Password Has Been Disabled Thursday, September 24, 2009 5:36 PM

"U.S. Bank." <alerts.security@cs.usbank-email.com>

To:
    undisclosed-recipients

Because of unauthorized account access your password has been disabled.

So you can gain access to your account we need to verify your identity.

Please use the form bellow and complete the process:

http://bathf-45782-001.dsvr.co.uk/ph...g/LoginRouter/

U.S. Bank
    Erie, forward the email that you received to this email address, explaining that you did NOT respond to it but you just want to bring it to their attention
    fraud_help@usbank.com
    Last edited by jcole; September-24-09 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Doug View Post
    Most Internet Service Provider's have a Terms Of Service violation address that you can send such crap to.
    I'd try going to my ISP's homepage and doing a search of their FAQ for "TOS e-mail."
    Sometimes the bank may ask you to report it to them directly [[or at least through a customer service e-mail/phone number). They may send out an e-mail to their customers alerting them of the scam.

ccbatson Guest

No , it will not stop so long as scam artist hackers are out there thinking up new schemes. Best bet is to delete everything that you are the least bit suspicious of. Even then, it is a matter of time before you get taken in, then all you can do is damage control. My point, it is a reality of the technology.