Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default 2nd Annual Service Street Fair in Eastern Market

I live on a lovely little block made up of artists and musicians called Service Street, located in the Eastern Market. This Saturday, September 26th from noon-midnight is our 2nd Annual Service Street Fair. The Fair will offer a chance to explore our creative little enclave's galleries and businesses, shop the vendors and enjoy some food while jamming to live music all day. The event is free and we encourage guests to bring lawn chairs, coolers and something warm to throw on in the evening.

The music line-up for the day:
    12-12:45 - a Derrick May Production
    1-1:45 - Atlas Building Rebellion
    2:30-3:30 - Planet D Nonet [[Little Big Band)
    3:45 - 5:45 - 1440 Collective with Maceo "the Grammagod," Khary WAE Frazier, Tom Stoepker w/ Vox Maui, Joey Spina and Djallo
    6 - 8 - a Holice P. Wood Production: John Sinclair & the Motor City Blues Scholars followed by the Detroit Life All-Star Band
    and closing out the evening will be the Pinkeye Orchestra.

Please come down and say hello! J Rainey Gallery and LAS Design Studio will be open and we'll have a bunch of great art vendors to browse. We'll also have video art installations lighting up the Atlas building, put on by the Detroit Projection Project.

Service Street runs just south of Gratiot between Russell and Riopelle. So stop on by after doing your shopping at the market. Hope you can make it!

PS - if anyone is interested in vending, we'd love to have you, just toss me a line at blane [at] bloomfield . org!

I'll be there!

Thank you for the heads up.

Cool, looks like my Saturday is plans are taking shape.

Bump! Last year John Sinclair told me that the fair reminded him of the first ever Dally. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

Bearinabox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ruxy17 View Post
    Bump! Last year John Sinclair told me that the fair reminded him of the first ever Dally. Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.
    Done and done. I think the walls are starting to melt...

PASS that, bogart!

BEE Green at the Service Street fair.... Corn Cups, Potato Forks and Recycling bins + Music + Art + Cool People = aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!