Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Northeastern High School on Grandy St

I NEED PICTURES!!!

I know there are still a lot of former Northeasterners out there and I need your help. I am writing a paper on that now razed alma mater. My oldest sister went there but have no picture of Northeastern at all. I do have one [[just before it was razed). Any help will greatly be appreciated. Also, can anyone tell me the following:
    1. What was the main address of the school?
    2. What date the school was razed?
    3. What was the last school year?
    I'm finding it very difficult to get any information from the Detroit School board on this school.

The only other image that I found online is at the Burton website, of NE HS under construction:

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/i/imag...d=EB02F962.TIF

Main link:

http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/i/imag...index;c=dpa1ic

Thanx Hornwrecker for the link. Since yesterday [[9/22), I have gotten calls from family members, who still lives in Detroit, about Northeastern High School. Two other cousins did go there [['71 and the year the girls won it all in '75) and an uncle [['55). Here is what I gathered from them:
    1. The address of the school was 4872 Grandy Street; zip 48207
    2. Last year classes were actually conducted was 1982.
    I don't know just how accurate the above are but I will check it out.
    Also, a retired school board member [[district#191) was put on to me and he emailed me stating that a school called Franklin was built on the same style as Northeastern [[Picture included).

I now live in Northern Illinois [[behind O'Hare airport) and as I have said, it is very difficult for me to gather information and pictures of Northeastern High School. I truly hope I do get some help from the former students and faculty.
    Last edited by xunclexx; September-23-09 at 08:48 PM.

Hello,
    I went To NEHS and graduated in 1966. I do have the yearbook and other materials from the graduating class. However, there is no picture of the school. There is a picture of students on the front steps but it is shot facing the park. There is a picture of the school on Facebook, if you enter Detroit Northeastern High School. Good Luck, I loved the old school.

Have you tried www.classmates.com

What were the school colors of Northeastern? Some shade of green and yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by MrWCF View Post
    What were the school colors of Northeastern? Some shade of green and yellow?
    Yep...green and gold, athletic teams were the Falcons.