Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default "Monkeys on a golf course"

Here is yet another shinning example of the GOP at it's finest!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul_TpDvxUJM

Meh. Can't really call that racist. Just a silly story.

ccbatson Guest

I don't get why that is something to point out? It is a neutral story.

Dude..I heard that same story thirty-five odd years ago when I was shagging balls for cash at the local golf course..WTF?
    Has it taken on some hidden meaning since the last time Blunt used it in a speech back in '06?

Nothing to see here...

I had some fun looking up golf courses in India. There is a lot of noise also about the "racially tinged" story told by Blunt. It mystifies me how anything to do with monkeys somehow becomes "racially tinged." How is this so? Who says? A monkey is a nice little primate with some mischievous habits. He is as much related to whites as blacks, so whose race is tinging this story?

The oldest Golf course in India, the Royal Calcutta, was founded in 1829, near Calcutta [[now known as Kokata). Its location has been changed twice. There is nothing in its history about monkeys, and there is no "monkey rule" today:

http://www.rcgc.in/golf_course/history.php

But there is an older army outpost there as well, Fort William, and it has a golf course. The fort was carved from the jungle in the late 1700s.

This is about the golf course, again no mention of any "monkey rule", nor any date of origin, though the 'carved from the jungle' history sounds promising.

the army golf course at Fort William has a scenic nine-hole layout that overlooks the beautiful Victoria Memorial, the fort as well as the racecourse. However 18 different tees and a few extra greens provide 18 holes for the members who have to negotiate a tricky par-three as the finishing hole.

http://www.financialexpress.com/news...story/129084/0 [near the end of the article]

ccbatson Guest

Now it becomes clearer, doesn't it? Looking [[and finding) racism that doesn't exist by folks on the left.

Quote: "A monkey is a nice little primate with some mischievous habits. He is as much related to whites as blacks,"

And other than being similar not scientifically related at all.

ccbatson Guest

Even people on the left are getting it with these absurd examples...I am very glad to see this unintended eye opening video.

Glad to hear that the "Values Council" is on top of the "monkey problem".

I don't think it is wrong to question the guy's motives in telling that story, given past incidents like this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_133965.html

I saw that, just the last part where the guy was trying to ditch Curious George. My point is, why do we give them the satisfaction of recognizing this when it is not so obvious as the Obama bumper sticker. Somebody wearing sox with monkeys on them? Somebody telling a story about monkeys on a jungle golf course. Of course Blunt meant it to disparage the people he disagrees with, but he did say it is always this way in Washington, which seems to apply the analogy to either side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pam View Post
    I don't think it is wrong to question the guy's motives in telling that story, given past incidents like this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/1..._n_133965.html
    Then you are thinking like a bigot.

Bigots extrapolate an individual's behavior to an entire group, without justification. If I experienced one dishonest black person and subsequently questioned the honesty of all black persons then I am a bigot. When you question Blount's motives because you saw someone else with a stuffed monkey with an Obama sticker on it then you are acting as a bigot.

Then you are thinking like a bigot
    No. I'm just explaining why people might question him. I have no idea what his motives are, but historically racists have often made comparisons between black people and monkeys. If this dude had a clue about that, he would have avoided the monkey joke.

So if you bounce your ball off a monkey on the golf course, is that a 2-stroke penalty?

blksoul_x Guest

Welcome to modern day white racism/white supremacy 101...The horror of , 'IMPLICIT OBEDIENCE!

Its tactics shows no force upon a person's will, and it can be easily perpetuated and survived without any pain, thus enabling it to go unnoticed by the general public, yet possess the power to preserve and empower white racism/white supremacy __go figure!

Wake up Black people!

Black-atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!

What if we just step over the mess and go about our business of improving our position without the burden of carrying around somebody else's mess and wasting time screaming about it? What you don't recognize has no impact on you. We KNOW they are in power and exercise it. So, we can read the code that says so. Let's ignore the taunting and move in on the nuts and bolts. While we waste time and spin wheels on their taunting, they get to continue to block access.

I could never understand the mentality of a racist. What can one hope to achieve? White folks aren't going anywhere. Black folks aren't going anywhere. What battle are the racists fighting? What are they trying to win?

When I hear someone speaking in racist terms, their assessment and value just drops tremendously. It's grounded in ignorance and nothing else.

It's all about who's on top and who's not, Sstashmoo.
    Those on top want to stay there, those on the bottom want to be on top.
    Racism is simply a rationalization for keeping the ones on the bottom, on the bottom and not letting them get to the top because they are not "worthy" and will obviously screw everything up.

Can't wait to we stop rationalizing and justifying boorish behavior "be the right or the left"... Angry man to the right of me, angry man to the left of me and here I am stuck in the middle with you..."not a bad place to be..."

Naive or not ...this will stop when we value all people equally.To have to have a "values voter conference" while promoting seperation and hate is just not that much of a value...

ccbatson Guest

Can you explain that to your Democrat friends Gibran?....they don'r seem to get it.

Um, it's not the Democrats holding the "value voters conference", Cc...

ccbatson Guest

The ones claiming racism is who I am referring to [[the libs).

But not the ones practicing it? How selective of you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast