Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Does anybody remember the Milan Tigers youth football team??

We played at Milan playfield on Curtis and Evergreen. If you were a member, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by moedee View Post
    We played at Milan playfield on Curtis and Evergreen. If you were a member, let me know!
    I wasn't a member, but I remember that the teams from O'Shea played the Milan Tigers. I didn't play football at O'Shea, I played baseball there, but I remember watching the football teams sometimes. Back then I thought that the Milan Tigers were from Milan, Michigan! I had no idea they were from Detroit.

What team played at O'Shea?

Quote Originally Posted by moedee View Post
    What team played at O'Shea?
    Pretty sure they were called the O'Shea All Stars. They just had the one football team from what I knew, at least they did when I was playing baseball there in the early 70s. I'm sure remember them playing the Milan Tigers back then -they're the only team I remember O'Shea playing against. O'Shea had their own baseball league, with several teams, but they just had the one football team [[well, maybe more than one team for different age groups possibly) that played against other area youth league teams. I remember seeing them practice and play games over at O'Shea.

Good news ! the Milan Tigers will be back playing football again in 2011!!!

I remember playing them when I played for St. Cecilia and Westside Cubs

My brother and I played for them for about 5 years. The last year we played was in '77 I think.

I you remember right, we practiced at Milan but played our games at O'Hare Field behind Henry Ford High at 8 Mile and Evergreen.

I remember playing against a team called the Sharks, Hamtramck Chancellors, Westside Cubs, O'Shea All Stars and St Cecilia. I'll try to remember more and post them here.

Good times, good times.

I was an assistant coach for the cheerleaders around 1972.
    Milan Playfield is still there. There are plans for a tree planting [[200 trees) on April 9th. I don't know if they still play football there or not. I also went to school at Emerson which backs up to the playfield.