Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Poverty & Power

Default Poverty & Power

Do you think poverty and or power are the root cause of all the world's ills?

I think, if not for those two things, the world would not have all the problems today and throughout history.

One could say the fault lies with religion, but think about it for a second, religion has been used all through history to control people, and by such means, man has had power over other humans, thus power has corrupted the individual.

Conversely, when people have lived in poverty, they can become pawns for those who wish to seek, or maintain power. Therefore, if poverty were eliminated, it would remove a major source of the world's problems.

What are your thoughts and comments?

It is amazing to me that those in power seem to want to keep others down, rather than be modest about it.

Then you have this cycle of gaps between the powerful and the havenots, where the gaps widen and then those in poverty have a rebellion or revolution and the gap becomes small... then another cycle, again and again.

I say power, since poverty is the result of having no power. If I have power I can control my destiny.

Do you think poverty and or power are the root cause of all the world's ills?
    The root cause is greed.

mix one part greed with two parts ignorance...other recipes may call for additional ingredients.

ccbatson Guest

The root cause is collectivism and true altruism whereby individual rights are willingly, or unwillingly sacrificed.

I think neither poverty nor power is the root cause. I believe it is the callous indifference and smug complaisance of the haves regarding the have-nots. Like crabs in a bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    The root cause is collectivism and true altruism whereby individual rights are willingly, or unwillingly sacrificed.
    So, by your limited opinion, poverty plays no part, and power is the ultimate goal?

With TRUE altruism and collectivism, a person voluntarily sacrifices so there IS no loss to anyone...only gains for ALL.

You never really understand any of this, do you Cc?!

Your indoctrination makes you numb, dumb, and unable to perceive truth and learn some.

Keep it up, though, you give me reason to spout off on things otherwise unspeakable.

Cheers!

Careful, Gannon. That comes dangerously close to name-calling, I think.

NO, it doesn't even approach it.

I was directly attacking indoctrination, and if anyone misses that, they are really bad speed readers!

[[heh)

[[plus, it rhymes)

[[the sixty second rule crushes my cadence)

blksoul_x Guest

Neither, power nor poverty is the total root of human ills. Human 'hatred' exploits power and poverty, and is at the core of human ills. [[For example; western opinion/white supremacy helped crystallize and instinctively accept as a revealed truth to the equation: Negro=inferior humanity).

The inability for humans to understand and cope with human dissimilarities, such as facial features, skin color, language, habits, and intelligence, is perhaps at the top of list in fundamental reasons why we as humans will eventually decline, [[barring an atmospheric occurrence).

Without the existence of power, and poverty, humans could naturally exist, as long as it is within their habitual or customary behavior patterns and beliefs. However, once humans began to encounter different forms of human behavior, patterns, and looks etc., history as proved, a social breakdown will more than likely occur. So then human 'hatred' is at the core of world ills!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!

Good to see you BSX. I sincerely miss not seeing you around here with your unique point of view. I rarely agree, but you ususally get to the core of the issue. This time, I agree, " 'hatred' is at the core of the world's ills".

To the first question and the main point of this thread : Yes!

I think anybody can do anything they want. Nobody is holding anyone down, but themselves.

Keep on thinking that, Sstash.

For many, the system looks like a well from the bottom UP, and any attempt to dig themselves out merely gets more dirt and shit on their head.

I believe anyone can try...but success is NOT relative to our efforts alone.

blksoul_x Guest

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Good to see you BSX. I sincerely miss not seeing you around here with your unique point of view. I rarely agree, but you ususally get to the core of the issue. This time, I agree, " 'hatred' is at the core of the world's ills".
    gnome, it's cool, we can agree to disagree. Either way, it's a learning process.

To your point of getting to the core, unfortunately the world is full of lies. Humans produce them and are uplifted by them. The human fear of truths suppresses real human production and advancement. Humans will never come to truthfull conclusions, because lies are enveloped within human achievement.

The world will eventually end, and the greatest creation, [[humanity), within the universal order will never reach its full brilliance.

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, we a movement by ourselves!

My experience with people in poverty is that they choose to be in poverty.

They do not want to reduce their spending/personal habits that brought them to where they are at.

They do not want to put forth additional effort to better themselves.

Now, regarding power.

My experience is that those in power are loathe to give it up and that they always want to expand it regardless of the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post

They do not want to reduce their spending/personal habits that brought them to where they are at.

They do not want to put forth additional effort to better themselves.
    Think bigger for a second, people from third world nations, choose to be poor? The question was on a world scale, not just locally.

the history of mankind has been fraught with man's inhumanity towards each other...the root of this evil, is prejudice and greed..power is it's manifestation and poverty it's result. I truly believe that power and poverty are symptomatic of a basic devaluing of people in general..why do we have violence within all tribes of people on earth [[why did we migrate away from each other in the first place-this village is not big enough or can produce enough to feed us all), family feuds, tribal disagreements based on power..it's not as easy as people not liking you for one aspect of self and it is as simple as not liking you for being different...in general when we don't value each other we let bad things happen.

people don't chose to live in poverty, it's very hard to rise above it when you starving to death in a sub Saharan desert...or a child born to parents that are children themselves and have lost out in an educational system that failed them, a community that abandoned them and a society that devalues them...

Quote Originally Posted by MCP-001 View Post
    typical response of someone who has never met many people living in poverty. I have. there may be one or two like that, but the vast majority aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Think bigger for a second, people from third world nations, choose to be poor? The question was on a world scale, not just locally.
    Looking back at the top of the thread, I can see how that could be one way of intrepeting it.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    typical response of someone who has never met many people living in poverty. I have. there may be one or two like that, but the vast majority aren't.
    One or two?

I know quite a few more who fall into that category.

Nice try, but your guilt trip isn't working.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast