Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Moroun and Kilpatrick are at it again...

Follow the money....

gravitymachine Guest

great comment at the bottom

MrScientist wrote:

I got a better headline: Greed and corruption break down racial barriers.

LodgeDodger Guest

AMEN!

Dr. FBI: Please follow the money...

...Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick, a Detroit Democrat who is the state’s sole member on the budget-writing House Appropriations Committee...
    Now that's reassuring....

Great proposed Headline. But don't count on the Feds. If they had any intention of coming, they would have been here by now. This crew operates at a level unknown in any other city in the U.S.

However, there is some redeeming value. Watching Monica doing an interview is awesome. And who can watch the "Y'alls Boy" speech without getting a little smile. I just wish we could see more of them.

Also love seeing Sam and Mildred, who beat these people up just a couple of months ago, join their camps. This whole drama is playing out live right before us. It does not get any better.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    Great proposed Headline. But don't count on the Feds. If they had any intention of coming, they would have been here by now. This crew operates at a level unknown in any other city in the U.S.

However, there is some redeeming value. Watching Monica doing an interview is awesome. And who can watch the "Y'alls Boy" speech without getting a little smile. I just wish we could see more of them.

Also love seeing Sam and Mildred, who beat these people up just a couple of months ago, join their camps. This whole drama is playing out live right before us. It does not get any better.
    Honestly carman, I want the FBI to come in RIGHT NOW, but I am willing to wait if it means sound investigative work and enough evidence to charge people and successfully prosecute them. I want them all to go to f'ing jail. For years we've wondered if anyone was paying attention, at least we know they're here. Perhaps they've discovered so much more than originally suspected.

As for listening to Conyers, I cannot. It disgusts me to listen to such "ghetto" talk out of someone who is rumored to have a post-eighth grade education.

I understand your sentiment L.D. But it is not going to happen. So in the immortal words of Bobby Knight, might as well sit back and enjoy the show. Of course I am paraphrasing, but I am sure you get the idea.

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    I understand your sentiment L.D. But it is not going to happen. So in the immortal words of Bobby Knight, might as well sit back and enjoy the show. Of course I am paraphrasing, but I am sure you get the idea.
    I get the picture. I'll still keep hoping. I'm quite sure if it DOES happen, you won't mind my telling you, "I told you so!"

*hug*

Default I have faith...

I have full faith that the DEGC under the leadership of George Jackson will preserve the old Ambassador for all time, thanks to their exemplary record in historic preservation!

>>>Rocko, formerly BusterWMU, still just as faithful as always... yeah.... right.....

So is the general consenus that the Fed's will not do anthing with the city hall corruption?

It would be such a shame if they did nothing. Everyone will have gotten away with wasting the taxpayers money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko View Post
    I have full faith that the DEGC under the leadership of George Jackson will preserve the old Ambassador for all time, thanks to their exemplary record in historic preservation!

>>>Rocko, formerly BusterWMU, still just as faithful as always... yeah.... right.....

This brings about a fantastic idea!! Let's get George Jackson involved with this. Since he only knows how to demolish old structures, then his natural instinct will be to send out bids for demolition of the bridge, even though it's in use [[he doesn't know better, ok!). Then, once he does what he does best, there will be no bridge, Maroun will be crying on the floor... and we can finally concentrate on building a damn bridge!

Too bad those two can't share a cell.

We need representation that supports the views of the people of Detroit not the Billionaires of the suburbs...

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...4086807&ref=mf

Matty and "his personal congresswoman" earn a "This week's abomination" designation from the Freep in a sharply worded editorial today [[Sat., 4/11):

A bridge to Congress built on cash

Why compete on a level playing field when your friends in Washington are willing to rig the game in your favor?

That's the cynical conclusion Ambassador Bridge owner Manuel Moroun seems to have embraced when he prevailed upon U.S. Rep. Carolyn Cheeks Kilpatrick to KO federal funding for a proposed government-owned bridge that could steal traffic and revenue from Moroun's private span.

Moroun and his allies have donated more than $64,000 to Kilpatrick's campaigns since 1998, and he was one of her son's most generous bankrollers before he resigned as Detroit's mayor last year. So when Moroun asked his personal congresswoman to lobby for a federal budget amendment prohibiting any spending on the rival bridge near Zug Island, his wish was her command.

Moroun hopes to build a replacement span next to the 80-year-old Ambassador Bridge, the busiest trade crossing in North America, but he has encountered stiff opposition from the Canadian government and residents of southwest Detroit, who say a bigger bridge would pose environmental and health hazards to their neighborhood. Many others think safety and security concerns favor a publicly owned bridge located at some distance from Moroun's.

State officials had been anticipating about $8 million in federal funds for the Zug Island bridge, which is also in Kilpatrick's district. Guess they need to get their own congresswoman.