Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Kanye West

Default Kanye West

I think Kanye's actions was really imature and stupid. I am glad that he had apologized. Hopefully he would think before he leap. Does anyone agree

Retroit Guest

Not Detroit related, but yeah... him and Serena "throw a tantrum" Williams and Joe "you lied" Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    I think Kanye's actions was really imature and stupid. I am glad that he had apologized. Hopefully he would think before he leap. Does anyone agree
    If he really wanted to apologize he would at least call Taylor Swift on the phone and apologize. According to interviews all week he has not done that.

Buy American Guest

In the words of our mighty President...."he's such a jack ass".

Yo Stasu1213. I know you created dis thread to have a good discussion, and Imma let you finish. But the Garwood Mansion thread is the best thread of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    In the words of our mighty President...."he's such a jack ass".
    He took the words right outta my mouth! I'll tell you what Kanye's mother would have done had she been alive right now. She woulda slapped him upside that big head of his. I'm sure she didn't raise him to have such disrespect for people. He should be ashamed of himself for acting in that manner. And he should take steps to learn to control that big mouth of his.

Personally, I think Kanye is nothing but a racist. What do you think would have happened if Beyonce had won the award and she was in the middle of her acceptance speech and Kid Rock stepped on stage and taken the microphone away from Beyonce and said that he thought Taylor Swift had made the best video of the year?

BTW - Beyonce is a classy lady.

And this thread really belongs over on Non-Detroit.
    Last edited by eriedearie; September-19-09 at 07:23 PM.

Yes, though personally I think it was all a work to generate publicity.

I think Obama really said it perfectly. It's probably the first issue him and I have seen eye to eye on.

Okay ladies and gents. I had made a mistake and put this on discuss detroit instead of the non detroit site. Please forgive me.

Okay ladies and gents. I had made a mistake and put this on discuss detroit instead of the non detroit site. Please forgive me.
    Forgiven this time, but if it happens again we'll force you to watch reruns of the daytime emmy awards. So there.

Wow Kanye....... I'm sure we're all very impressed.

Who continues to let this reject up on stages? It's not like his "music" [[used very loosely) earns him that right. Hopefully he goes the way of ONYX and not Eminem. We can only hope.

DetroitDad Guest

Suburbia is on the brink of collapse, Detroit is trying to overcome mass corruption, and our nation is looking at possible bankruptcy. Am I wrong to say I don't give a rats ass about what Kanye West did as some backwards publicity stunt?

The news should have ignored the whole thing, as it wasn't even news.

Yeah, what Ray1936 said!
    Last edited by eriedearie; September-19-09 at 06:23 PM. Reason: To add the forgiving smiley face

Quote Originally Posted by Grundyke View Post
    If he really wanted to apologize he would at least call Taylor Swift on the phone and apologize. According to interviews all week he has not done that.
    The idiot finally called her.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162...st_kanye.jhtml

ccbatson Guest

The POTUS must be much more careful in making personal comments as the impact is potentially much greater.

Ravine Guest

Eriedearie wrote:

"I'll tell you what Kanye's mother would have done had she been alive right now. She woulda slapped him upside that big head of his. I'm sure she didn't raise him to have such disrespect for people."

You're sure 'bout that? I'm not. For all we know, he may be embodying the example she set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravine View Post
    Eriedearie wrote:

"I'll tell you what Kanye's mother would have done had she been alive right now. She woulda slapped him upside that big head of his. I'm sure she didn't raise him to have such disrespect for people."

You're sure 'bout that? I'm not. For all we know, he may be embodying the example she set.
    Well, every mother I know would not teach their children to go around through life with such disregard for people's feelings. His mother being a professor, I doubt he was raised in a barn. I think he's picked up those bad habits from thinking that people give a rat's ass about what he thinks. Then he goes and blurts out what he thinks, and ruins a young gals first moment in the spotlight.

If he were my son I woulda slapped him upside his big head. All my boys are 6 foot 2 inches and taller, and they know, if I have to, I can still reach the tops of their heads.

Anyway, I'm glad to read that Kanye has apologized to Taylor Swift. I hope he's learned a lesson from his actions, and that in the future he will keep his thoughts to himself.