Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Views from Griswold [[Book Cadillac) Garage

Since the news of the Lafyette's impending demolition, I decided to add a few pics to my flickr.com account of the area. I guess they could be the,'before pics', of the Lafyette Building's Michigan Avenue side.

If only the condos on top of this garage were built, this would be the views available from the condos. Views into Capitol Park and Cadillac Square also.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gab482/

very nice stitching, ...the weird thing is there are almost no people in any of those shots of Capitol Park, Campus Martius ... not even bums

"Lafyette Building slated for demolition, [[Detroit doing what is easy, not digging in it's heels and doing what is hard-preservation). "

I think the preservation community really stepped to the plate on this one, much more so than in recent memory. There were wins [[Cockrel issuing a stay of execution), even though the wins couldn't trump the losses. The petition drives, the WDET coverage, the Free Press coverage, the Facebook stuff. Yes, a loss is still a loss, but I think the preservationists DID dig in their heels - it's just that the DEGC ran them over, Tiananmen-style.

Sickening what boobs are in charge of destroying the city. Destroy Detroit should be their motto. WTF ....................sickening . I cant stand to see it all destroyed. For petes sake put a roof on it stabilize it and let it sit there, at least there will be something to restore later. You cant restore a parking lot. Besides when the economy is finished maybe the rules will slacken, and a restoration will be more feasible.

Nice photo stitching, great images! Anyone else notice all the pink X's on trees and street lights in Capitol Park recently? Are these items coming down in preperation for the renovation of the park?