Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    UFO Guest

Default Wasgington Starving Out Americans

damn sorry for misspelling Washington in the title.

I guess Ill post this here

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539121,00.html

Thanks to the San Fransisco tart and the other idiots in Washington, thousands of Americans are being starved, out of work .

All to save a damn sardine.

%40 unemployment, 100,000s acres of land turning into a desert, people starving and losing their homes.

Oh the humanity.

ccbatson Guest

Watch, Hannity is focusing the spotlight now, he will get something done for those folks [[with Obama and the radical environmentalists kicking and screaming).

Bats and the other right wingers here will dispute that 40% unemployment number.

Oh wait, a Democrat is in charge, so they probably will agree with your numbers.

HANNITY: "And the federal government, where is Barack Obama, where is Nancy Pelosi, where is Harry Reid?"

Gee... ummm.... funny how he forget to mention "Where is Arnold Schwarzenegger?" Must have been an oversight....

And UFO... for someone who has repeatedly mentioned that he detested the "wing nuts" on both sides of the aisle.... stange that you seem to like Sean Hannity enough to start threads based on his reporting.... or is it??

We've got enough bad news on our economic plate here in Michigan, let alone have to worry about some Almond tree owners, let alone California Happy Cows....
    Last edited by Gistok; September-17-09 at 11:52 PM.

UFO Guest

Actually, Arnold was at their rally this evening. He is/was against Pelosis and Reids save the sardine campaign which ruined these peoples way of life.

And yes, I know about the bad economy here. I havent had a job in 2 years remember?

Didnt I say that Ill agree with anyone from either side if the cause is just?

So because main stream media chooses to ignore this and Hannity brings it to light, in your eyes its not worthy?

Ok.
    Last edited by UFO; September-17-09 at 11:57 PM.

While we are at it, how about tearing out some of FDR's carbon free hydro electic dams for the salmon . 5% of the pacific northwest's hydro electric power was recently so threatened.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/eyepie...ry/900609.html

Haha, on the title Faux pas.

Is anyone other than Sean Hannity blaming the economic woes of an entire region on a 2" minnow?

Where's that good ole Republican Personal Responsibility ethos? And the Pull Yourself Up by the Bootstraps Work Ethic?

Someone get Sean Hannity a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance.

Typical of republican thuggery -

narrow the issue to ONE topic, distort the hell out of it, and look only at the side tht backs your agenda.

the west coast fisheries have all been having major problems. the calif. fisheries are all but wiped out [[in large part due to the "minnows" getting sucked into the pump), which has cost thousands of jobs.

Why is this issue a problem? perhaps because there are far too many people living in semi-arid country clamoring for the water. too many users for the watershed to support

Farming in the desert is a bad business model.

Funny when you connect the dots we get the real picture...wouldnt be interesting if someone sat down and actually mediated between the groups...

Quote Originally Posted by sturge View Post
    Farming in the desert is a bad business model.
    Even our free market friend here should agree that is bad business sense.

UFO Guest

So Washington cuts off the water that supplies the regions farmlands, puts untold thousands out of business through a trickle down effect.
    People as a direct result losing homes, in food lines, good farmland being ruined .
    Now we have to import the produce that once held up that region financially and in turn will cause inflation in that region making things worse and you people want to play partisan politics instead of blaming Washington .

ok

DY members dont care about common people I see. As long as they stick to their partisan politics airything is gonna be aight.

UFO Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ghettopalmetto View Post
    Is anyone other than Sean Hannity blaming the economic woes of an entire region on a 2" minnow?

Where's that good ole Republican Personal Responsibility ethos? And the Pull Yourself Up by the Bootstraps Work Ethic?

Someone get Sean Hannity a waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahmbulance.

yea, plenty of people. Go ask all the farm labor put out of work. Ask arnold , ask Paul Rodriguez,ask the other factories in the region feeling the pinch. Ask all the rests that used those products made from that produce lost.
    Ask the people that need to purchase that produce or the products that the produce was processed into.

Im waiting to hear someone chime in now on the illegal immigrant tip.
    I suppose some of you will say good, they should go home. <smh>
    Last edited by UFO; September-18-09 at 02:59 PM.

No, [[misunderstood) what is not being reported is the effect on the coastal region's industries [[salmon fisheries)..I think we all feel for the folks in the valley plight..this water shortage has been a problem for years...it's just another example of only hearing partial parts of the story[[only the one side that Fox wants to perpetuate) and not giving a broader historical context to it...Data mining at best.

Making a minnow out of a salmon story..

UFO Guest

If Washington wanted to help [[which they dont) they could have rerouted the water and allowed for expansion through irrigation.

I guess importing and ruining peoples lives is more important.

And If what you say is true, then Fox is not the ony one guilty of partial facts.
    Take Maddow and MSNBC reporting that racists brought semi automatic rifles to a Obamas town hall.
    Cleverly cropping the photo of a black man who was carrying that rifle to hide the fact that he was black and to continue to use their racist tactics in divisive ways.
    They are all guilty but in my opinion msnbc is the worst at twisting the truth to fit their agenda.
    And not only that, but they are dangerous perpetuating these nasty lies labeling people racists.
    They are going to cause someone to get hurt or worse yet a war with their divisive lies.
    Last edited by UFO; September-18-09 at 02:57 PM.

I don't know to what extent each news organization is guilty...that would take a little fact finding..so I would safey say that you have to read behind any story now a days...

It's like the stories reported on Arab's of today and Jews in the thirties you have to really search behind what is being presented as reality and what is myth really serving. I guess when things are taken out of actual historical and factual context and becomes a media tool it is at it's most dangerous levels. Look only to the western perspective of middle-easterners and Iran's current leader and his denial of a horrible chapter of history to see what happens if we believe anything without "connecting the dots".

UFO Guest

Which is why I try to watch and read as much news from different orginizations as possible.

You have to pick and choose and even then sometimes you dont receive the entire truth.
    Last edited by UFO; September-18-09 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    And If what you say is true, then Fox is not the ony one guilty of partial facts.
    Take Maddow and MSNBC reporting that racists brought semi automatic rifles to a Obamas town hall.
    Cleverly cropping the photo of a black man who was carrying that rifle to hide the fact that he was black and to continue to use their racist tactics in divisive ways.
    Source? I didn't see anything on Rachel Maddow's show that was at all like that. I saw what is in the youtube videos, a black guy with a gun over his shoulder as a publicity stunt for two Phoenix libertarian groups

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    If Washington wanted to help [[which they dont) they could have rerouted the water and allowed for expansion through irrigation.
    re-routed from WHERE? there is not enough water there. these water use agreements are long-standing compromises, and are at the state level anyway

If somebody is dumb enough to move to a place in the country that has a limited water supply, they don't get any sympathy from me when that supply runs dry.

You need to take personal accountability for your actions, If you choose to gamble that you'll have water and loose, that's just too bad, thanks for playing.

Water must be respected, as it is our lifeblood. I would love to see conservation imposed upon those who choose to live where water is scarce rather than try and take water from others, as has been the practice for at least the last four generations.

Truth to tell, we all need to respect our water more, and not waste or pollute so much of it. It is a limited resource, and as the population grows and new technologies require more and more water just to produce the things we use, we will all find ourselves in a position of scarcity eventually.
    Last edited by gazhekwe; September-18-09 at 04:07 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Rb...the justification for the atrocity officially used is the endangered species act...not that fisheries are having problems [[related, or not to minnows). Therefore, this MUST be the focus of the argument and YOU libs are the ones trying to distract.

What a one-sided piece of drivel that was. Wonder why he didn't bother talking to anyone else?
    Maybe they could move their farms to Michigan. We have plenty of water here, and plenty of people looking for work.

ccbatson Guest

Oh...and cold weather that can't support the types of crops grown, and farms that shut down for months every year...but besides that...heck yeah transplant the farms here...give me a break.

Regarding the one sidedness...the Delta Smelt/Minnow League chairfish refused to participate or comment on camera.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast