Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default My Idea for Newspapers That I Want: Naional Media with a local section

I've often wondered why it's necessary to subscribe to the newspaper. 60 - 70% of the articles are AP stories that I could find in ANY newspaper in the country. I have not spent 10 cents on a paper in years because all they have to say is already on the Internet. What I would like to see is a "New York Times: Detroit Edition", that edition would have the local content all wrapped up in one. Or a "Washington Post - Detroit Edition" all in one. It amazes me that newspapers have even last this long.

The other reason I stopped subscribing after 20+ years was the editorial content. I appreciated it when newspapers reported the news, now they try SO HARD to influence policy that I find it offending. Not that I disagree with all that he says, but Nolan Finley is by far the WORST the Detroit News has had in its long history. To me, he really ruined the newspaper because he tries SOOOOOO hard to push the paper to the right. .
    Last edited by jhartmich; September-17-09 at 08:27 PM.

yeah, without those bastards we'd still have kwame 'n company. Cheap know-nothings, ruined a perfectly fine criminal enterprise, destroyed an entire 27 man EPU detachment, helped send a mother and wife to federal prison, exposed all the hose work on the 11th floor... cruel. heartless. mean. bad men.

You're right, those newspapers never did nuttin' for me. Thanx for opening my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    yeah, without those bastards we'd still have kwame 'n company. Cheap know-nothings, ruined a perfectly fine criminal enterprise, destroyed an entire 27 man EPU detachment, helped send a mother and wife to federal prison, exposed all the hose work on the 11th floor... cruel. heartless. mean. bad men.

You're right, those newspapers never did nuttin' for me. Thanx for opening my eyes.
    Take a breath Mary, keep your skirt on: They could carry ALL THOSE stories - in the local section of the New York Times, our papers are garbage other than the Metro Times.
    Last edited by jhartmich; September-17-09 at 08:49 PM.