Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

detroitjim Guest

Default Detroit Synergy-Bikes?

Previously when Detroit Synergy had cycling events, members made announcements on this site. In the Bikes section of their website ,the schedule of events posted is from 2008. I would think that the 5th Annual Detroit Bikes!â„¢ Riverfront Ride would be happening this month. ? A cycling acquaintance[[1st time to detroit) from out of town is visiting this month. If their time here coincided with it I think it would be a perfect opportunity for them to view the town.

Anybody know anything about it?

Did their cycling facilitator jump ship?

Good question. I was wondering the same thing myself.

They had a couple emails going around about the first ride starting at GCP a couple weeks ago, but I haven't heard of anything since.

Default Why don't you email them?

Has anyone got in touch with Alex to see if we are riding this Saturday?

i will have my boyfriend email him now. i will post when we hear something.

BTW we don't need him to organize a ride, if you guys want to ride this weekend, lets do it. set a time and place and i will pass it on to our friends. i would love to ride on saturday.

There are no rides scheduled for this month. Detroit Bikes! was taking up too much of Alex's time and another person and I started helping him with organizing rides a while back. I don't anymore, [[I moved), but Mr. TP still does. 5 de Mayo ride is not nailed down yet, I think.

Of course, as another poster points out, you can always get your own crowd together whenever you like.

O.

Otter, you helped me fix my daughter's bike on one of the rides. How's the riding where you are now?

G'day Squire,

I remember you and your daughter. Hope she still enjoys going on rides, with or without her dad.

Riding is very nice here, if rather more crowded. I like the large roads and lack of traffic of Detroit, but infrastructure and support here is very good by US standards.

O.

Default Advice & good bike sellers in the D?

Slight diversion still BIKE related:

I am new to biking and looking for a commuter bike. Any small bike shop you would recommend in North West Detroit or South Oakland county?

Found this on Craigslist really affordable:
    12 speed model 

ladies bike

excellent condition

also have a vintage Fuji ladies upright
    Any thoughts on vintage bikes.

Thanks for your consideration.

Detroit Bikes as part of Detroit Synergy is still around.

We did the first ride of the season - the Spring Training Ride on March 21. Nearly 40 participated. The next official ride will be the Bike to Work Ride [[or Bike to Play, Bike to No Work, etc) on May 15th. We are definitely planning a Detroit Woodward Cruise Ride for Dream Cruise Saturday on August 15th. This ride's route will be Woodward from the riverfront to 8 mile Rd. and back to the riverfront. We'll have some interesting and fun automotive history stops in between. A "Rock and Roll Never Forgets" ride will take place on October 3rd. This ride will focus on historic RNR venues [[Grande Ballroom for example). Mark Morden, one of the regulars on our rides will be heading this one.

In addition, a Nuts and Bolts ride [[old Detroit hardware stores) is being developed. An Iconic Food themed ride [[Better Made, Sanders, Faygo, etc) is also being considered.

Tom