Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Why is Kilpatrick getting paid so much

What the hell does Kilpatrick do for Robert Karmanos for him to get paid 10k per month?

LodgeDodger Guest

It isn't what you know--it's who you know.

LodgeDodger, that's not how I heard the expression went.......lol

To keep his mouth shut

Fibber McGee is getting paid to keep Mommy happy.

I think Mr. Pete Karmanos firmly believes he's doing a service to the City of Detroit by keeping him employed, as if he's employed, and at a rate that is high enough, restitution will be paid. If not, it won't.

We want Kilpatrick to be gainfully employed and make money so he can pay it, frankly. Hell, I want him to make $30k a month, it only means the city gets it's money faster.

Hush money. We might find out when/if the Feds complete their investigations of pay to play and other crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalvision View Post
    I think Mr. Pete Karmanos firmly believes he's doing a service to the City of Detroit by keeping him employed, as if he's employed, and at a rate that is high enough, restitution will be paid. If not, it won't.

We want Kilpatrick to be gainfully employed and make money so he can pay it, frankly. Hell, I want him to make $30k a month, it only means the city gets it's money faster.
    I think its some sort of hush money situation. Why would Karmanos pay Kwame as a service to the city? I read somewhere that the Kwamster has not even made one sale. So if that is the case none of us would probably still have that same job if we had it. Karmanos could just pay his debt if it was about doing the city a service. It is not his debt to pay [[Karmanos that is). I say bring him back here, put him on the side of the road picking up trash and call him Chris Brown, realizing I am one lucky son of a bitch because life should be a whole heck of a lot worse right now!

Its definitely hush money and I hope for Karmono's sake all his Ts are crossed and his I's are dotted because when he gave Kwame a job making $10,000.00 a month with no experience, he was paying for his silence, but at the sametime tapping the Feds on the back to take a look at him. Its just a matter of time before everything hits the fan. I would not be surprised if Kwame gets away with playing this game of pay $3000.00 although its suppose to be $6,000.00 for quite sometime because the Feds can get more information from tapping his phones if he's not in the Wayne County Jail.

I think karmanos hired Kilpatrick to open doors to get Comuware's software to be the software of choice when the nation's medical records are digitalized.

There are going to be a lot of Federal appropriations to get that task done [[a priority of this presidential administration) and surely the son of a member of the House Appropriations committee would be able to get Federal/State/ municipal decision-makers to see the value of purchasing software that Karmanos is selling.

See, for example, this recent compuware press release about subsidiary Covisint deal with Dallas physicians group:
    http://investor.compuware.com/releas...leaseID=399802

Doesn't that seem like a deal that Kilptrick would have done? By the way, Brett Furst, quoted in the article, is Kilpatricks's boss - although he is based here, not in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    I think karmanos hired Kilpatrick to open doors to get Comuware's software to be the software of choice when the nation's medical records are digitalized.

There are going to be a lot of Federal appropriations to get that task done [[a priority of this presidential administration) and surely the son of a member of the House Appropriations committee would be able to get Federal/State/ municipal decision-makers to see the value of purchasing software that Karmanos is selling.
    He maybe able to convince State and Municipal, but certainly not Federal. Obama didn't even want Kilpatricks at his Michigan [[Detroit) fundraisers. He would not [[touch/conduct business) Kwame with your hand.

The president is not awarding appropriations. CCK IS part of that process.

EastSider Guest

Quote Originally Posted by digitalvision View Post

Bullshit. Kwame wouldn't pay his debts if he had Warren Buffet's income, because he doesn't believe his debts are legitimate. That's a thinking disease that's pretty common 'round these parts.

It's not who ya know its who ya blow...