Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Which Factory Was This Martha and the Vandellas Video Filmed At?

Tonight, I was watching a PBS Motown special that I had taped some time ago, but never got around to watching. It was hosted by Mary Wilson and had video performances of the Miracles, Marvin Gaye [[including one with Tammi Tyrrel lip-syncing "Ain't No Mountain High Enough"), The Four Tops, the Temptations, and the Supremes.

Anyway, during the show, they showed this video of Martha and the Vandellas singing "Nowhere to Run."

The video was filmed on a Ford assembly line, and the line appears to have been building Mustangs. Anyhow, given the knowledge of everyone on here, I pose the following question: Which Ford factory is in the video? Any thoughts would be great.

I'm gonna guess it's an assembly line in the Ford Rouge plant. This is a guess from my memory of years ago. Don't know that I can back it up with any evidence other than my memory.

Dearborn Assembly Plant

It was torn down and replaced by other facilities at the Rouge, in 2004.

Mustangs [[2005+) are now built at AAI/Flatrock Assembly.

Note that Mustangs were also built at San Jose in Milpitas, California for a while, but I think the Vandellas were in Detroit for this video.
    Last edited by East Detroit; September-17-09 at 12:23 AM.

It would make sense if the film was shot at the Rouge. Also I think Mustangs were also built in New Jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by reddog289 View Post
    It would make sense if the film was shot at the Rouge. Also I think Mustangs were also built in New Jersey.
    Right, at Metuchen in New Jersey... but that didn't fit my implied slam on Motown moving to California [[yes, I know that was later).

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone. I figured that it could have been at the Rogue plant, but did not know.