Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Look who's late + light on restitution to city

Kevin Dietz of WDIV reports:
    Former Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick was a day late and $3,000 short on his September restitution payment.

Kilpatrick is under court order to pay $1M to the city of Detroit as part of his plea agreement in the city hall scandal.He is supposed to pay the city $6,000 by the 15th of every month.

Sources at the Department of Corrections report that Kilpatrick’s check was delayed and not paid in full for September.

So, hopefully Kym will go after him again. Last time, didn't she threaten to toss his fat ass back in the pit if he didn't pay full and on time in the future?

What a surprise.......

have you priced strippers in texas? youd be late and short too ............

I hope Kym Worthy throws Kwame's sorry behind back in jail and the sooner the better.

You all missed [[or ignored) these sentences in the article:

"Schwartz cited Wayne County Circuit Judge David Groner’s order in March that Kilpatrick pay 30% of his gross salary as restitution.

The order allows the payments to rise or fall with his income."

He's now only earning 10K a month, not 20K, hence the reduction. Don't get me wrong, he's a snake, but a judge's order is a judge's order, like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by wash_man View Post

"Schwartz cited Wayne County Circuit Judge David Groner’s order in March that Kilpatrick pay 30% of his gross salary as restitution.

He's now only earning 10K a month, not 20K, hence the reduction. Don't get me wrong, he's a snake, but a judge's order is a judge's order, like it or not.

I was just getting ready to post the same exact thing. It sucks to say but this guy is never really going to get what he deserves, at least not in this life. The one constant thing about criminals is, that they usually will always be criminals and fined ways to finegal [[is that spelled right) the system.

dang washman, why ya gotta ruin a good bashing with facts, sigh

LodgeDodger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Grundyke View Post
    I was just getting ready to post the same exact thing. It sucks to say but this guy is never really going to get what he deserves, at least not in this life. The one constant thing about criminals is, that they usually will always be criminals and fined ways to finegal [[is that spelled right) the system.
    finagle...

Kilpatrick’s former aide and lover, Christine Beatty, has made no restitution payments since being released from jail in March. . . .
    Her lawyer, Mayer Morganroth, said she has yet to find a job.
    -- M.L. Elrick in Freep

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    -- M.L. Elrick in Freep
    30% of zero=$0

Grundyke, you should insert 'white collar' and 'politician' criminals in your post. Sure there are plenty of other criminals who get away with lot's of crap, but nothing compared to politician and wealthy business criminals.

Stosh Guest

I think that the circus needs to come back to town. Bring em' all back!

Kwame should be required to pay the $6,000.00. I don't believe his income has decreased. Karmanos is covering his back [[including the necessary paperwork). Whatever Kwame has on him is lock and seal for a life time of luxury. If I could I would Kwame a pat on the back for that one.

Christine should be hauled into court due to a violation of her probation. She must be ordered to provided detailed documentation on her job search efforts. She should be given 30 days to find a job within the United States. If she doesn't comply she should be jailed for the remainder of the time left in accordance with her sentence. She is paying for that Range Rover, her house and those luxury handbags, she can pay something. Even if it means getting a job as a stripper. Surely that would provide a means to comply. She just doesn't care and is affraid of the consequences, just as her ex-liar jerk of a secret lover doesn't give a darn.

The joke is really on the City of Detroit.

I mean really, who cares? For one I hope he never completely pays it off as that will make him ineligible to run for office here and to ever make that come back Detroit "done set him up" for.

Default Let's be mindful of who is paying Kilpatrick

Quote Originally Posted by wash_man View Post

I think this thing is a little bigger than Kilpatrick. What the hell does Kilpatrick do for Robert Karmanos for him to get paid 10k?

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    I think this thing is a little bigger than Kilpatrick. What the hell does Kilpatrick do for Robert Karmanos for him to get paid 10k?

Don't you mean Pete?

Quote Originally Posted by LodgeDodger View Post
    finagle...
    Thank you for the correct spelling of "finagle" f.i.n.a.g.l.e. "finagle" I have always loved that word.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Grundyke, you should insert 'white collar' and 'politician' criminals in your post. Sure there are plenty of other criminals who get away with lot's of crap, but nothing compared to politician and wealthy business criminals.
    Agreed. A criminal is a criminal no matter what clothes he wears.

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    You better believe the $10,000 per month is hush money for something Kwame did for Karmanos.

Nextly we should care about Kwame paying back his restitution because the city of Detroit has a huge deficit and Kwame did nothing but add to it tremendously. He added to it via the settlement/trial, the huge unearned salaries of his unqualified friends and family; he added to it by funneling funds via the Kwame Foundation; he added to it by over paying Ferguson on contracts. He is a big part of the cause that City workers are off on an unpaid furlough. In the meantime he's in Texas laughing. Something else that you all don't know is that Kwame sold the owner of compuware a block of downtown for $1.00 and told signed paperwork giving him unlimited time to utlitilize the property. Common sense tells me, Kwame worked a lot of deals such as that so he could come back/call back at any time for his under the table pocket money. How the heck do you all think Christine is paying for a Range Rover [[at least $800.00 per month) and a mortgage [[at least $1200 per month) not to mention incidentials and has no job, and can't pay her restitution. THE ROBBED THE CITY OF DETROIT BLIND! SO ALL CITY OF DETROIT CITIZENS SHOULD CARE!!!!!

Throw that scum in jail. he was warned before, now put some teeth to it

C'mon now. You are all just intimidated by a "young strong black man". Y'all's boy didn't do anything wrong. It was LBP, "The Grand Dragon", that orchestrated all of this. Get off of his back! ; )

So King Kwame is late on his restitution and he still spending thousands of dollars of fancy clothes, cars and very big house and his mama is pampering him and money. Still living like a king. Stay out of Detroit, Kwame. Most folks don't like you anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by carman View Post
    C'mon now. You are all just intimidated by a "young strong black man". Y'all's boy didn't do anything wrong. It was LBP, "The Grand Dragon", that orchestrated all of this. Get off of his back! ; )

Are you Carmen as in Slowski aka Slow skeet?

blksoul_x Guest

Here 'they' go again, that is, the 'basic-white' obsession with the trials and tribulations of our former Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick.

Philosophically, I've came to the conclusion that the entire Kwame Kilpatrick conspiracy, as it relates to how the 'basic-white' people feel about what they claim as a 'black obsession' or 'black paranoia' or African people's hostility toward the entire bulwark of white racism, and white people [[or the white-man holding us back), may just be a reality.

If an individual have multiple sources of force, coercion, and hatred coming at them, [[which many of Africans living in amerikkka do daily)__prison industrial complex, racism in the criminal justice system, disgraceful school system, police brutality, high unemployment, just to name a few. To what degree do we begin to think that our so-called 'paranoia' and 'obsession' could actually be justified.

To my point, if the 'basic-white' people can sustain the level of psychic, and outward hatred against a Black man utilizing a corrupt system, compared to a history of white racist governments and 'basic-white' people who benefited from the same corrupt system, and 'they' are obsessed and convinced with just ONE tiny example of 'violating principles' ,[[ in this case, the Kilpatrick conspiracy), then, in correlation to their obsession of our ex-Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, and 'their' disbelief of Black inequality, [[or as they claim Black paranoia), maybe 'they' might not be believable and creditable.

'They' desire immediate retribution from a corrupt system. 'WE' WANT RETRIBUTION FROM 400 YEARS OF A RACIST SYSTEM. IF your obsession is believable, then our is as well__go figure!

blksoul-atcha!
    The BJL, we are a movement by ourselves!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast