Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Detroit - Bucharest

Hi all,

Like I said in a previous post, I've recently moved to northwest Ohio, about 75 miles south of Detroit. I am involved in a research project about Detroit and when I first visited the city a few weeks ago I realized it reminded me in some ways of my native city, Bucharest, Romania. I uploaded some pictures taken in a huge abandoned industrial park on the outskirts of the city [[Faur Industrial Site).

Alex

The similarities are all too familier... so sad. Check out some of our old auto factories, such as the Packard, Fisher Body, Ford Model T, and the numerous abandoned plants in Southwest Detroit.

For some good news and reuse, see the Russell Street Industrial Complex, the American Axel Plant, and the restored Ford Piquette Plant.

Welcome to the forum, Alex, I hope you enjoy your time in Detroit.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; September-16-09 at 01:31 PM.