Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Former Chung's building sold to developer planning $3M-plus restoration

Former Chung's building sold to developer planning $3M-plus restoration

American Community Developers closed on the sale Wednesday for an undisclosed price and intends to put one or more food and beverage operations in it.Mike Essian, vice president of ACD, said water first needs to be removed from the building's basement and a new roof installed and then a full-scale renovation can begin. The project, including acquisition costs, is expected to cost north of $3 million.
    "We're really excited to work with Midtown [[Detroit Inc.) to save this building and to restore it as a food destination," Essian said. "Many people have fond memories of Chung's and we look forward to supporting new Asian-inspired dining options."

Axios Detroit reported a year ago that the building, located at 3175 Cass Ave. at Peterboro, was for sale for $1.5 million with Detroit-based O'Connor Real Estate as the brokerage firm.
    https://www.crainsdetroit.com/real-e...sold-developer

They had really good food. I remember that place, and Chin Tiki fondly. The Chinese restaurants these days just aren't as good.

i remember when it was still hanging on..
    best of success for the new place.

So Long Detroit Chinatown. I will miss you [[ Crying).

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    So Long Detroit Chinatown. I will miss you [[ Crying).
    Haven't you been missing it for the last 23 years? Should have said your goodbyes back in 2000 when Chung's closed.