Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default A ghostly experience.

Earlier today I changed my screen saver to a pic of Big D [[my ex girlfriends father) and myself. Big D passed away about 2 months ago. Later in the day I changed my screen saver again, this time to a pic of his daughter [[my ex girlfriend) who I must say, I still pine for. I should also say that Big D was a bit of a father figure for me, I looked up to him.

While sitting at the bar I work at, a lady asked if she could check her Facebook page, when she gave me my puter back Big Ds FB log in page was up on my screen with the password already written in as well as his screen name.

I couldnt resist checking in to his account of course, we were close and I dont think he would have minded. I posted from his wall "Its all good" to the few FB friends he had.

Big D has never to my knowledge even been on my computer let alone checked in on FB with it.

The girl who used my puter before hand said she often has ghosts follow her. I have to say this all put a smile on my face. It seems ghosts can now use modern tech to give us signs that theres an afterlife.

Anyone else have a story??

How does your ex-girlfriend feel about you hacking into her deceased father's facebook account?

You need to get over your exgirlfriend and her father, please move on for your peace of mind.

Loss hurts, but it is time to move on.
    I suggest a day of blue cheese stuffed olive martinis and a toast to those who are no longer with you.

I regret not introducing myself at the Dally, but it appeared that there was a lot of work going on when I passed twice through the alley. Which bar do you work at?

Peace

Why didn't you try to hook up with the girl who used your computer?

Not sure if this qualifies as ghostly, but I think of it that.way. My husband and I were married in 1977 at Fort Street Presbyterian Church [[Detroit). I have a photograph taken by our professional wedding photographer of my father and I's processional to the alter. In the background is a very old man, sitting in our church in a "baracuda" jacket [[it was August, 90's and humid, no air). He looks strikingly like my grandpa who had passed away in 1972. I always thought it was he--just checking in on my wedding day. [[by the way, nobody knew who this man was---so it wasn't anyone that was invited)

Quote Originally Posted by AroundTown View Post
    How does your ex-girlfriend feel about you hacking into her deceased father's facebook account?

I didnt hack anything. The whole mystery is how his log in page appeared on my screen with password and screen name already entered. This happened after I had changed my screen saver [[which I do almost daily) to a pic of him and myself. I haven't had a pic of him pulled up on my computer since the week of his death. Was it just coincidence? How could his info be on my puter if he never used it?

I personally believe in ghosts and/or spirits and do believe this was some sort of sign from him.

Good story Sussex. I lived in a house in Detroit that when we first moved in I would regularly hear footsteps upstairs when there was no one home. I also had many strange orbs and smokey images show up on my pics taken in the house. It all stopped at some point but was definately interesting.

Do you use facebook? Did your ex? Did she know his password?

NoHeart.
    Yes, yes, and no.

His page has never come up on my computer before. Just weird that I was looking for a new pic for my screen saver [[something I do often) and happen to pick his pic yesterday so I of course was thinking of him. Then out of the blue his log in page pops up later that night. As far as I know he was the only one who knew his password.

Is NoHeartAnthony a Wire thing, as in the tv show? What a great series. The Director was in town last week and came through the area scouting locations for a show revolving around a seedy bar.

Now if I only could find the picture and use my scanner. I got an interesting picture that I took in Virginia.Strange things happen all the time and sometimes I belive somethings from beyond cause them.

Ya know, I have a picture that someone took with my camera about 10 years ago or so. It's of a snotty aunt of mine, and there is something hovering around her that we've never figured out. But I don't know where that picture is. I'll have to be in search of, and when I find it I'll post it here. All other pics from that roll came out fine. I've often wondered about it???

Weird stuff there for you Django. Maybe he's trying to tell you something from beyond.

Possibly the woman who logged into your computer entered Facebook through a portal that you don't use but your father in law in fact did without your knowledge. Therefore the password he put in was recalled simply due to the way she entered facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    Weird stuff there for you Django. Maybe he's trying to tell you something from beyond.
    I'll take it a step further, perhaps call the ex-girlfriend and tell her about it.

Maybe her dad wants you two to get back together?

UFO Guest

Putting together a computer desk for my girlfriend. Her bedroom had an open doorway into the living room where my son and her two kids were playing and watching tv.

The kids were making a lot of noise and I glanced at the doorway a few times.
    The last time I glanced,my girlfriends son was walkng towards the doorway and he and my girl saw me jump and turn pale with a frightening look on my face.
    She laughed at me and asked me what was wrong. I sad nothing.
    She continued to laugh and David asked what was wrong. She said that I had seen them.
    David said oh, you saw the kids.
    I tried to deny seeing anything but it was useless. I toild them I saw something in the doorway and David said it was ok.
    They live in the doorway and watch us from time to time.
    I asked wo?
    He said the little boy and little girl that live in our doorway.
    I asked what they looked like.
    He proceeded to described exactly what I had seen.
    A giggling little boy and girl, both with red hair and freckles peering out at us from the side of the doorway as if they were trying to hide.

Really eerie.

Another time I was sitting on the front porch of an inn I used to frequent down south regularly.
    It had a gorgeous portico with 8 hanging potted plants going from front to back.
    The portico was situated facing into an enclosed garden so there were no breezes.
    Especially on a 100 degree day.
    Everytime I sat down in front of this one particular potted plant it started turning side to side.
    All the others remained perfectly still.
    To ve sure I was not imagining things I got up and went into the dining room and looked at it from the window and it had came to a complete stand still. I did this numerous times.

Another thing that has happened to me is that I see a little boy in my ex's house all the time. He wanders around from time to time but He lives in her bathroom.
    My ex told me I was nuts until one day all of us in the house were sitting on the sofa and and she happened glance back and in that moment, everyone heard someone running up the stairs and she and I actually saw something rush upstairs.

They dont think Im nuts anymore.
    Last edited by UFO; September-18-09 at 01:51 AM.

UFO Guest

This website shows a picture of what people believe is Sue Howard Hardy.
    Sue died a long time ago and someone caught this pic of her kneeling at her own graveside mourning her daughters death as well her own.
    It is the only known photo that has never been debunked.

http://www.hauntedcharleston.us/suehardy.html

Heres another website were people share their experiences.

http://www.ghostvillage.com/encounte...04172009.shtml
    Last edited by UFO; September-18-09 at 02:22 AM.