Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Tiny House Eviction Drama...

Bailiffs break through blockade to evict tiny home resident

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...s/70079886007/

Clash with housing activists to evict a terminally ill woman

https://www.metrotimes.com/news/bail...woman-32784178

Tiny home eviction turns violent on Detroit's west side
    Bailiffs made their way past protestors inside the home of a Detroit Tiny Home tenant, trying to remove them from the property forcibly. After a two year legal battle, a Tiny Home resident is being forced from their home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Tiny home eviction turns violent on Detroit's west side
    Not as violent as evicting Trump from the White House.

So tenants are being monitored on how long they are occupying their tiny homes on a daily basis? If so, what privacy do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post

Ain't that the truth. I'll be glad when that Trump circus is over....Dude thinks he can do WTF he wants, with no repercussions or accountability.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; April-05-23 at 06:47 AM.

They signed a contract that said they would live in the tiny house for the majority of the time and after 7 yrs they would be a home owner instead of a renter. Her name was on another lease in the city and that was also against the contract. They told her Two years ago she was being evicted for these reasons and she ignored them. The houses were built for people who had been homeless, indigent in some way, elderly, etc and were paying rent by the square foot of the tiny house. She obviously was taking advantage is she was living somewhere else more than half the time. The group that built and manage the houses claim they were not using her security setup to monitor anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    So tenants are being monitored on how long they are occupying their tiny homes on a daily basis? If so, what privacy do they have?

Yep! Now if only he was an outlier, unique to that kind of thinking and actions.

Back to the topic. What was up with all of this? I live not far from where there are several of these homes back to back. Taura Brown claims she was not being removed due to not paying rent...? Yet you cannot have an additional property per guidelines.

Michigan eviction laws are pretty lenient compared to other states where you're put out fast within three months often!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I'll be glad when that Trump circus is over....Dude thinks he can do WTF he wants, with no repercussions or accountability.
    Last edited by Zacha341; April-06-23 at 09:42 AM.

That's affordable housing for us in the ghettos of Detroit. That slumlord who is a so-called Christian says 'I don't rent homes to anyone who don't pay, living in cash assistance or food stamps.'

A message to the Reverend Bro. Slumlord, "Christians help people in need. Negotiate with that tenant and come up the peaceful solution, thank you."
    Last edited by Danny; April-05-23 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    None!

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    That is why the tenant will be squatting in that tiny home until it gets answers. Let her stay.

Pookie says " Squatter's rights yall."
    Last edited by Danny; April-05-23 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    They signed a contract that said they would live in the tiny house for the majority of the time and after 7 yrs they would be a home owner instead of a renter. Her name was on another lease in the city and that was also against the contract. They told her Two years ago she was being evicted for these reasons and she ignored them. The houses were built for people who had been homeless, indigent in some way, elderly, etc and were paying rent by the square foot of the tiny house. She obviously was taking advantage is she was living somewhere else more than half the time. The group that built and manage the houses claim they were not using her security setup to monitor anything.
    yea do not need any pertinent details clouding a narrative.

You know there had to be more to it when the bailiffs did not budge,they appear to have zero doubt that they were on the right side.

Reminds me of the Australian guy that bought the apartments and went to evict somebody for non payment and her father killed him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Back to the topic. What was up with all of this? I live not far from where there are several of these homes back to back. Taura Brown claims she was not being removed due to not paying rent...? Yet you cannot have an additional property per guidelines.
    That appears to be the gist of it. These homes are for people with nowhere else to live. Her name was on another lease in the city. Her reasoning for her name being on that lease didn't make any sense - something about being able to stay there from time to time, which, if you are only doing it once and a while, means your name doesn't need to be on a lease. If your name is on the lease, that means you can live there, and you don't meet the requirements for living in a subsidized house as you have a place to live.

From NY Post Article:
    Brown argued she worked at the other apartment building, where her then-boyfriend lived so she could come and go when she wanted.
    To me, she did not meet the qualifications, so why should she be allowed to stay? I feel bad that she's sick, but that doesn't give anyone the right to break the rules that she clearly had agreed to. And, it's not like they're throwing her out on the streets. She can just go back to her other pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Give me a break are you that stupid? Ya you are because you posted that.

Optics are bizarre... sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Optics are bizarre... sad.
    that seems to be the way it goes,if you yell and scream loud enough,and get enough to join you in the process,some will just let you get your way,while others will just say,piss off and let me do my job.

Pk. She had broken the rules if she had her name on a lease to another dwelling. These "Rent-a-Activists" and these scripted protesters are just mugging it up for the cameras while trying to make a name for themselves. I am surprised that it wasn't reported that Sam Riddle was leading the charge.

^^^ Hah! That's why you must research and continue to study what you may initially heartily ally to, and protest against.

It can get nuts fast and even with new information most will not change course - the broader ideology is still served they reason.

Or in the case of unquestioning ally-ship what you're required to affirm, support continues to expand and change. This is a problem.

Who can say NO?

Especially with the pressures of social media [which can destroy a career or family ties etc.] and the cancel-culture as it is.