Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Theo Pride of Detroit People Platform

The former Detroit Public Schools program director of Priority: My Education, a supplemental educational service provider, was sentenced Friday to 37 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to federal program fraud, Acting United States Attorney Daniel Lemisch announced.
    Theodore Thomas Pride III, 38, of Detroit, was sentenced by United States District Judge Bernard A. Friedman.

According to court records, Pride obtained at least $684,644 from Detroit Public Schools by submitting fraudulent invoices for tutorial services that DPS students never received.

Pride’s scheme ran from 2011-2012 while he served as the resident agent and program director of Priority: My Education, a company approved by the State of Michigan to provide supplemental educational services to eligible students, the United States Attorney's Office said.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...in-fraud-case/

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ourt/95402632/

Attached Images Attached Images  

It’s one thing to rob a bank or a jewelry store or even a bunch of suckers that put up money out of greed but stuff like this meets a whole new level of scum,might as well hang out in front of the schools and rob kids of their lunch money,even worse it was special needs funds.

This is old DetroitYES news from the last decade as the linked references in the OP above reveal. This was a wide-spread scandal that took down several "educators". This article is a summation of those caught. A well known Detroit art galleries, Sherry Washington, was one, now out after serving seven years.

It is my belief that public corruption, including police and educators, should carry an extra penalty for destruction of public trust in government.

Yeah this was posted in the Detroit subreddit too and I'm just wondering why this is being posted 6 years after the fact. Is he trying to get back into political activism or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    Yeah this was posted in the Detroit subreddit too and I'm just wondering why this is being posted 6 years after the fact. Is he trying to get back into political activism or something?

Maybe a job at THAW.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowncitylover View Post
    He is a anti-Development Activist for the Detroit People Platform, hes great at Race Baiting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvFVYdXOUTA