Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default What Detroit’s climate will feel like in 60 years. Interactive map

I found this via a nice youtube channel by a guy who calls himself Geography King. It’s 4 years old, at least. I noticed that Detroit and Montreal would have a climate similar to Warren Pa. Toronto would be like Secaucus NJ.

https://fitzlab.shinyapps.io/cityapp/

Nice find. I thought Phoenix was interesting: "The typical summer in Esperanza, Mexico is 0.7°F [[0.4°C) cooler and 165% wetter than summer in Phoenix."

Sort of goes against a lot of what I've heard about the future of Phoenix. I wish they had a little more context. I also am hopeful that we will reduce emissions in 60 years, but predicting that far in advance is a fool's errand.

Yes, that is surprising. If that is what’s in store for Phoenix, they might resort to doing green lawns again, and spread their metro to a losangelesque scale…

Quote Originally Posted by EGrant View Post
    Nice find. I thought Phoenix was interesting: "The typical summer in Esperanza, Mexico is 0.7°F [[0.4°C) cooler and 165% wetter than summer in Phoenix."...
    When I clicked on Phoenix I got "The typical winter in Esperanza, Mexico is 12.4°F [[6.9°C) warmer and 44.2% drier than winter in Phoenix."

It's interesting that we're getting different results.

Edit: When I clicked "Refresh Map" I got EGrant's results.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-22-23 at 08:08 PM.

I wonder if that's even 0.00001% accurate?

Every climate model that climatologists have shown us has proved wildly inaccurate. Like +8 degrees, New York under water, end of life on Earth etc, etc by 2005, or 2018, or 2021. Yet nothing has changed.

I suspect Detroit will average within 1/10th of one degree of what it is now in 2080.

^ Or we're all dead in 12 years - as stated many years ago. Many times.