Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Movie being filmed in HP about the library

This is the best news since Highland Park's McGregor Library was closed:

Free Press "Everyone wants in as movie about McGregor Library is announced"
    "Andrew Meieran, the film's writer, director and producer, said he fell in love with the story of Highland Park and its library through internet research..."

Cool. Hope he'll give the pioneering webberneers credit where credit is due :-)

Quote Originally Posted by esteban View Post

Free Press "Everyone wants in as movie about McGregor Library is announced"
    "Andrew Meieran, the film's writer, director and producer, said he fell in love with the story of Highland Park and its library through internet research..."
    Links are appreciated.

I wish I could be in it.

I'm surprised this thread hasn't received more attention. Great news in my opinion.

Here is a set of photos showing details of the bronze front doors.

http://detroitfunk.com/?p=285

Lorax Guest

Does anyone know if scrappers have gotten the bronze doors yet? Has the building been stripped on the inside?

The doors have been protected by plywood barriers consistently throughout the years, aside from when the plywood structure collapsed for a few days. Thats when I took the photo in the above link. I am not the only one who keeps an eye on the doors, and it got sealed up pretty quickly.

Building is not scrapped - last I checked and could tell, bronze doors I believe are totally intact.

Building is water damaged inside.

People had been inside at one point "exploring". But it has been well sealed this whole time otherwise.

Sure would love to see the museum in the basement !

I was so happy when I opened the newspaper and saw an article on this. I've always thought it was a beautiful building, what a waste siting there abandoned.