ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: 305 HP Focus RS

Default 305 HP Focus RS

Ford considers 305-hp Focus for U.S. market

http://www.autoweek.com/article/2009...NEWS/904069995

that is just -- nuts.

and I think I want one

That's amazing.

Though I'd be happy if they'd just sell the regular hatchback model so I can replace the 3-door we have with a new one. Right now they aren't selling it here, I don't get it.

New model mix is coming with the global Focus [[based on what is in Europe right now).

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    New model mix is coming with the global Focus [[based on what is in Europe right now).
    That is good news as long as it includes a 3-door and 5-door option. I've taken 6' long 2x4s home in that Focus with the hatch fully closed.

They won't sell many of 'em when gas goes back up toward $4 per gallon.

Ford won't be able to keep up with demand....even with $4 gas...bet on it!!!

Ford won't sell any of them if they sticker for anywhere near the almost $38,000 !!!!?? equivalent that they do in England. If they can get that price down... WAY down it might be a hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    They won't sell many of 'em when gas goes back up toward $4 per gallon.
    Dude, not everybody wants to drive a 25 hp Briggs and Stratton powered Yaris! Go ahead and make gas $5 a gallon, I'll still drive a new Camaro with 422 hp getting 16 mpg city. Why? Because I don't live out in BFE and drive a billion miles to work. I live 4 miles from work, have to fill my tank up twice a month. So even with a fuel efficient car, I'm still likely using less fuel than those little econo box drivin' mofo's like yourself. So who's greener?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersport View Post
    Dude, not everybody wants to drive a 25 hp Briggs and Stratton powered Yaris! Go ahead and make gas $5 a gallon, I'll still drive a new Camaro with 422 hp getting 16 mpg city. Why? Because I don't live out in BFE and drive a billion miles to work. I live 4 miles from work, have to fill my tank up twice a month. So even with a fuel efficient car, I'm still likely using less fuel than those little econo box drivin' mofo's like yourself. So who's greener?
    No, Supersport. Every American wants to drive a car the size and horsepower of a Yaris. Even though they don't say so, and consistently buy larger vehicles, they secretly do want a little underpowered roller skate. Any car that is made that is larger and more powerful than a Yaris is just another example of American car companies not getting it. Obama knows it, Fury knows it, and now you know.

I did hear the other day that somebody dropped a hemi in a SMART car. Now THAT I could take for a spin....but you still couldn't sell me one of them death traps on wheels.

2blocksaway Guest

This car represents a problen the big 3 have had for awhile.

They have been making and selling better cars overseas for years and leaving us the scraps!!!!!

They have been making good small cars for a long time. They just havent made or sold them here.

Had a friend YEARS ago who had a Pinto with a dual-quad 351C

Had a friend YEARS ago who had a Pinto with a dual-quad 351C
    Was it yellow, and hung out at the Burger King at 12 and Gratiot around 1980 ?
    Not too many of those around.

I agree with Supersport. I do not drive a gas hog SUV, nor do I drive under powered box. I drive cars that have style and performance.
    For me, performance is a balance of power and economy for the week day driving, and all power for the weekend. That car would be a good weekday car for me.

"Dude, not everybody wants to drive a 25 hp Briggs and Stratton powered Yaris! Go ahead and make gas $5 a gallon, I'll still drive a new Camaro with 422 hp getting 16 mpg city. Why? Because I don't live out in BFE and drive a billion miles to work. I live 4 miles from work, have to fill my tank up twice a month. So even with a fuel efficient car, I'm still likely using less fuel than those little econo box drivin' mofo's like yourself. So who's greener?"

Make sure you supersize your fries at Mickey D's too, Sport.

16. Default

I'm waiting for the diesel option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    Was it yellow, and hung out at the Burger King at 12 and Gratiot around 1980 ?
    Not too many of those around.
    yes, i think that might be it. wheelie bars too

Quote Originally Posted by Fury13 View Post
    Make sure you supersize your fries at Mickey D's too, Sport.
    You say potato, I say awesome.