Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Gourmet popsicle chain Popbar announces Detroit expansion

Never heard of this chain, but its popular in New York and Detroit will be their first Midwest outpost.

New York-based popsicle chain Popbar is expanding into Michigan, with the chain announcing a Detroit location set to break ground this year.While the exact location of the store has not yet been revealed, the company says more metro Detroit locations will follow.
    “We choose to grow at a measured pace by hand-selecting franchisees to maintain our core values — superior quality, in-house production, authenticity, and family-friendly fun,” Popbar founder Reuben BenJehuda said in a press release. “And we’re happy to enter the Detroit market!”
    https://www.metrotimes.com/food-drin...nsion-32435214

Love to see more health food stores and farmer's market open In Detroit

Ah, the beauty [?] of American enterprise. Take a simple cheap-to-make product, rebrand it as gourmet, and charge a ridiculous price for it. Starbucks blazed that trail.

Agreed...

This place is one of my favorites and they're locally owned and operated. You can bring it up on Google for more information.

Ice Cream La Michoacana
    4336 Vernor Hwy, Detroit, MI 48209
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; February-22-23 at 09:01 AM.

Yes, how's about that. The beauty is also as little governmental interference as possible. I will have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Ah, the beauty [?] of American enterprise. Take a simple cheap-to-make product, rebrand it as gourmet, and charge a ridiculous price for it. Starbucks blazed that trail.

I'll try one - as long as they're still a nickel.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    And you can share one half with a friend...

Name:  double pop.jpg
Views: 327
Size:  12.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    You're going to pay way more than that! How about anywhere from $5-$10 dollars?

We've had Sugar Factory, Jojo's Shake Bar, Mr. Dips, a peach cobbler store coming soon and now a gourmet popsicle chain? I hope the new Henry Ford development has a diabetes wing.

Local dentists are probably chomping at the bit upon hearing the new of another sugary shop is opening in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    You're going to pay way more than that! How about anywhere from $5-$10 dollars?
    Yeah, I'll pass...