Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Need someone to post photos

A friend sent me an email with a bunch of old Detroit photos in it. I'd neve seen them before. I don't have a clue how to get them onto this site. Is there anyone here that I could forward the email to that could post them, IF they think they are something the others would be interested in?

If you have them on your computer, click the or "Go Advanced" buttons, then add the pictures as attachments and they'll upload to this site.

All that link took me to was a little "post reply" .gif in the corner of the screen. And the photos are in an email, not saved separately on my computer.

Grumpy, check out this page. http://detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?t=39

No worries, it took me a few days to figure this out too.

Grumpy, if all else fails, forward the email to me and I'll put them on DY. May have to re-size a little as there is a maximum size permitted. I can do that.

What a guy Ray1936.

Yeah, see there. Once a police officer, always a police officer; willing to help a lady!

Quote Originally Posted by eriedearie View Post
    Yeah, see there. Once a police officer, always a police officer; willing to help a lady!
    I know. I get the feeling Ray1936 would also be one of the first to volunteer in a dangerous situation. Gotta admire that. He helps make our DYes community proud.

Ravine Guest

Damn right. When, on another thread, I made the comment, "Ray is The Man," I was trying to deliver a playfully goofy double entendre [[you know; police officer="the man") but, the truth is, I meant it in the more obvious way, too; more so, in fact.

There ya go, Ray; a special edition of the trademark Ravine Run-On Sentence, strung together, and clumsily launched, in yerronor.

Detroit's loss was Nevada's gain. I have piles of respect for Ray1936.
    Last edited by Ravine; September-15-09 at 07:22 PM.

grumpyoldlady, I'd recommend figuring it out yourself so you can do it the next time. It is more difficult than it needs to be but I'm sure you can do it.

If you use Outlook Express for your email you should be able to right-click the images and save them to your disk.

To get them from your disk to DetroitYES, play with the Attachment 3076 [[Attachments) button in "Go Advanced."

Lowell's tutorial

I'm sure everyone will love your pictures.
    Last edited by Jimaz; December-01-09 at 05:14 PM.

Aw, shucks [[scrapes sand with his toe), 'jes helpin a lady in distress, gang.

Ray has helped with a lot of genealogy mysteries as well. Much respect. Grumpy, looking forward to seeing the pictures.