Hi all, been a long time. I have been largely absent from the site minus the occasional deep dive on certain news. I have lived in greater NY for several years now. At this point, I am considering all options for next places to live. My soon to be four year old is top of mind. I know VERY little about schools within the City, which is [[or at least I hope is) an area where there has been some evolution the last 5-10 years. To enable us to live within the City proper, I am open to advice regarding public, charter, and private K-5s in the City. I am predisposed to public schools on principle, but am open minded. End of the day, we are looking for an environment where the students are achieving well, the teachers are good and happy, and, ideally, where there is some real diversity. If the only way to obtain this is the private school route, then we'll certainly consider it.

Am open to hearing about any school anywhere in the City, but FWIW the neighborhoods I'd consider most closely are probably, in no particular order, Boston-Edison, the Villages, North End/Virginia Park, Palmer/University/Sherwood, Woodbridge, and maybeeee certain parts of Cass/Midtown.