Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Christine Beatty back in Detroit, working for T.H.A.W.?

Oh no! it's King Kwame's ex-girlfriend or should I say The Black godfather's moll.

Couldn't there be another Christine Beatty? I mean, it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Couldn't there be another Christine Beatty? I mean, it is possible.
    Rory Gamble is on the Board of Directors. Follow the money...

Never let it be said that the Blue Machine in Detroit doesn't take care of each other. It 'warms' my heart.... pun intended.

Is she paying restitution to COD or has it been or has it been forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    Is she paying restitution to COD or has it been or has it been forgiven?
    Christine Beatty restitution?

This article gives a rough idea of the amount she owed, but noted that she filed for bankruptcy in 2012 so probably it was bad debt after that point.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rvey/80457988/

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    This article gives a rough idea of the amount she owed, but noted that she filed for bankruptcy in 2012 so probably it was bad debt after that point.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rvey/80457988/
    If you can get out of paying just by declaring bankruptcy wouldn't everybody do it, including Kwame?

A different article said that Ms. Beatty's restitution was not dischargeable by her bankruptcy. I am not a bankruptcy expert in any way so I don't really know how it is all going at this time. I do know that on a smaller scale, in smaller matters, presiding judges prefer to negotiate smaller fees or multiple separate payments that are more sure to be paid.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    If you can get out of paying just by declaring bankruptcy wouldn't everybody do it, including Kwame?
    Yeah, either declare bankruptcy or declare that God has called you to his ministry