Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Venice Recreation Pool hall

My grandfather owned this business in the 1950s and 60s and I am looking for any pictures or memories. It was located on Davison Ave near six mile road.

Bump.

This thread was posted in the Chit Chat lounge but belongs in the main Discuss Detroit forum.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, but I miss Fraser Cue Club on 14 Mile. It went away in the 90s, loved shooting stick there...

You don't see pool parlors much anymore....

I used to shoot pool there in the late 1960's, me and all my buddies lived in the Six & Davison area. Your grandfather was Ned. It was kinda' like a grathering place for all the guys to hang-out in. I still see some of the old gang for poker night and I wear my shirt, it brings back happy memories.

Name:  Venice Rec pool hall.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  59.6 KB
    Last edited by CassTechGrad; January-02-23 at 11:08 AM.

Love that shirt. The crossed pool stick even reflect that angle at which those two avenues cross each other.

Quote Originally Posted by CassTechGrad View Post
    I used to shoot pool there in the late 1960's, me and all my buddies lived in the Six & Davison area.
    Name:  Venice Rec pool hall.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  59.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Love that shirt.
    Ditto!