Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Who is riding the Carr Port?

This is shocking news! Former WDIV 4 news anchor Jason Carr is terminated from reporting the news. Jason Carr is a very popular news anchor. From the Today Show to Local Detroit news and Live at the D.

Writing about the issues of 'Thoughtcrime' in American News Media.

Here is the source

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...Q9OsSvFwK---5o

"Bounced" previously at WJBK, & now at WDIV, no surprize at all; ZZZzzz...

I didn't catch Live in the D very often...even less since its recent move to 11:30am. Never saw any Jason Carr Live segments. I thought he worked well with Tati...and I really enjoyed his nostalgic retrospectives which made me think of my own experiences and remembrances of whatever topic he was expounding upon! Too bad things got so bad that he shot his mouth off on air!

Apparently he went off on some of his co-workers live on air. Then, after being shut down, later came back on air and went off on station management. That'll do it.

I’m curious what was said. He seemed like a normal guy in my limited samples. Clips of the incident?

I think it happened on his show that was streamed, not live on WDIV TV. So I'm not sure how to find old streams from Dec 6
    Last edited by jcole; December-14-22 at 08:37 AM.

Default Jason carr fired

Jason Carr, WDIV anchor was terminated by channel 4 for yelling at his coworkers.

Already reported on another thread, but with an ambiguous thread title...

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Already reported on another thread, but with an ambiguous thread title...
    To be specific, the "Who is riding the Carr Port?" thread.

The Detroit subreddit has a rule against editorializing the titles of news threads, which helps to avoid poorly named threads like the original one about Jason Carr.

He had he thought he was the "smartest person in the room" kinda vibe. Has arrogance about him. His old lady works for Fox 2, he'll be ok.

He worked at Fox2 until a few years ago; he was one of the anchors that started "The Nine". Fox did a layoff and got rid of him, Lee Thomas and one other person. They brought Lee back a year or two later largely for his movie reviews.
    WDIV made a huge show of "rescuing" Carr with a limo ride to his new station on live TV and promises of him coming back bigger and better after his no compete expired. He did live shows from his backyard all that summer until he went live on 4. They paired him up with a total mismatch in personality and tied him to a show that didn't fit his persona. Then they gave him his "own" show that streamed on Roku at 9 am against "The Nine". The man was frustrated and probably pissed off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    He had he thought he was the "smartest person in the room" kinda vibe. Has arrogance about him. His old lady works for Fox 2, he'll be ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    He had he thought he was the "smartest person in the room" kinda vibe. Has arrogance about him.
    Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles. PROVERBS 21:20.

I found him to be arrogant. A man who harbors dark thoughts has a bad day -- a vessel becomes unfastened and drifts out to the Sea of Cancellation.

Why? Hungover, forgot to take his meds, grinding a culture-war axe, etc.?
    Last edited by Henry Whalley; December-16-22 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    ... Why? Hungover, forgot to take his meds, grinding a culture-war axe, etc.?
    Channeling Bill Bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Channeling Bill Bonds.
    I remember Bill Bonds very well. I spent years watching Bill Bonds. Jason Carr is no Bill Bonds.

No, Jason's not a drunk as far as I've heard
    Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    I remember Bill Bonds very well. I spent years watching Bill Bonds. Jason Carr is no Bill Bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Channeling Bill Bonds.
    Ron Burgundy.

Scooping ice cream at Baskin-Robbins is a better fit for this lame TV dude. . . ...plus, they are hiring.

Carr said. "I walk down the street to American Coney Island, I get stopped seven, eight, nine times in four blocks for selfies and I talk to the viewers. 'Oh, we love you' and I'm like 'I love you back, thanks for watching.' I'm always engaged... I'm not aloof."

In fact, I'm highly loof, among the loofest. And a very stable genius.

What Jason Carr is going to do when he is out of the Job? I hope Fox 2 News Detroit will welcome him back with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I hope Fox 2 News Detroit will welcome him back with open arms.
    Doubt that's gonna' happen.

The guy had what amounted to a meltdown that was recorded. He went on and on and on some more. What did he think was going to happen, unless he didn’t know it was recorded, which he should have. He seems like a bright guy but he wasn’t that day.

Can you link where you saw that? I haven't been able to find a clip.
    The guy had what amounted to a meltdown that was recorded. He went on and on and on some more. What did he think was going to happen, unless he didn’t know it was recorded, which he should have. He seems like a bright guy but he wasn’t that day.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Can you link where you saw that? I haven't been able to find a clip.
    "You stay classy, San Diego..."

Oh, apparently you saw it too? Could you please link it for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    "You stay classy, San Diego..."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast