Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Peace on Earth to DetroitYES!

Well, heading into the last two weeks before Christmas, and I'm glad to report all my needed shopping is done out here in the boondocks of Southern Nevada. Just wanted to take a moment -- as I'm sending out Christmas cards -- to my pals on DetroitYES that you're not forgotten, not for one moment, here in the desert. There is rarely a post that I do not click on.

No, I don't regret moving to Vegas when I retired from the DPD in '84. At 47, too young to really retire, and too old to start a new career. Yet I did in LV and even got all my Social Security quarters in [[you get none on the Detroit PD.) My heart captured the weather and mountains out here back then and I still have undying love for them. As you know, the only mountain in southern Michigan is actually in Detroit. Mt. Elliott, of course.

All that bulllshit aside....Happy Holidays to all the DetroitYES'sers without exception. You guys and gals bring my thoughts back to old Motown every day. Hugs.

Ray, just curious, what made you select LV vs all of your Florida RDPFFA snowbirds?

Thanks, Ray!!

The Grillmaster and I send our best holiday wishes to all our DYes friends!!

Happy Holidays! Hope your holiday is filled with family and friends enjoying good times together!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    ....Happy Holidays to all the DetroitYES'sers without exception. You guys and gals bring my thoughts back to old Motown every day. Hugs.
    Same to you Ray

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Quote Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
    Ray, just curious, what made you select LV vs all of your Florida RDPFFA snowbirds?
    Well, I pretty much fell in love with the desert and mountains out this way. Since the highest point in Florida is three feet below sea level, it was a no brainer for me.

Merry Christmas to you, Ray and everybody else!!!

Stromberg2

Well, I pretty much fell in love with the desert and mountains out this way. Since the highest point in Florida is three feet below sea level, it was a no brainer for me.
    Makes sense, especially with all the hurricanes that have decimated FL over the past decades. I know friends near Ft Myers still w/o power from Ian.

Happy Holidays to all DetroitYES.

Ray you could have settled in what was called the Florida Mountains like my folks did. I say that with tongue in cheek but the highest peak was a nearby 260' above sea level hill. Just looking I notice the highest land point in Florida is 345', 24' less than the Broderick Tower. In South FL the highest points are all landfills. No FL for me either.

I don't mean at all to look "down" upon those who chose Florida or other areas along the Gulf Coast. All are beautiful to say the least. That aside, there is no place in the world more wonderful than Michigan and the beautiful Great Lakes.

But, alas, there is a thing called 'winter'. And it's brutal, sometimes.

All that bulllshit aside....Happy Holidays to all the DetroitYES'sers without exception. You guys and gals bring my thoughts back to old Motown every day. Hugs.
    And to you and everyone else.

And a Merry Christmas to you and your family Sir, live from Detroit.