Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default ¡Cucarachas detectadas en un restaurante de pollo frito Popeyes de Detroit!

AI YI YI!

First Rats at a Lafayette Coney Island Now roaches found at a Detroit Popeye's Fried Chicken Restaurant.

Here is the video and a source.

Looks there are lazy folks can clean up their messes.

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/coc...h-driver-video

There's a reason it's called fast/junk food. You have to be loco to eat it.

That particular Popeyes always had a line around the building and out onto the road. I do hope nobody got sick from it.

The added ambiance of a fine dining establishment.

Having and servicing restaurants I find 2 types,one that pays a small fee to make sure there are no critters running about and the ones who do not,I do not even service restaurants if I see critters,get rid of them and call me back.

I pay $125 per month not to see them,and I do not.

This is the reason why so many fast food chains have given up on operating locations in Detroit's city limits altogether.

Aside from the apathethic staff, the high taxes/insurance and poor enforcement of health violations by city hall, they can't find franchise owners that aren't shitty to run these locations.
    Last edited by 313WX; December-08-22 at 01:43 PM.

BTW, in case this feels like Deja Vu to some, the same thing happened almost 5 years ago at another east side Popeyes locations [[Gratiot & 7 Mile):

https://youtu.be/9nmoTCTTL8s

Those roaches were big. I think they got fat eating that Popeyes chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Those roaches were big. I think they got fat eating that Popeyes chicken.
    They probably are very healthy either,considering their diet of saturated fats breakfast,lunch and dinner.

Then their little babies will be on the same foods instead of a nutritious diet while they are young and in their developing years.

What are Cockroaches' Natural Predators?

Someone needs to draw a cartoon of a toad complaining to the waiter, saying "Waiter, there's a chicken in my cockroach."

Popeye's here!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    BTW, in case this feels like Deja Vu to some, the same thing happened almost 5 years ago at another east side Popeyes locations [[Gratiot & 7 Mile):

https://youtu.be/9nmoTCTTL8s
    These are homeless migrant cockroaches that rotate between Popeyes locations. But IIRC they will permanently resettle into the Yorba Hotel which is their ancestral homeland.

BTW: Cockroaches are a dietary staple in some cultures. When roasted their squishy innards supposedly taste like blue cheese. Isn't that one of Popeyes' signature dips? I might be tempted to try roaches but won't touch Popeyes with a ten- foot pole.

You don't think it's chikkin in them deep fried poppers do ya'?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    You don't think it's chikkin in them deep fried poppers do ya'?
    I used to assume that there was zero protein beneath the breading -- no meat -- and certainly not chicken as Nature intended, nor a foodstuff that humans would freely purchase.

It could be some kind of substance yet unknown to science.

I'm to the point of preparing/ cooking chicken at home more. And I'm not fully trusting what substances are in some of these new plant-based food items - especially in the frozen stuffs. Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    It could be some kind of substance yet unknown to science.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    I'm to the point of preparing/ cooking chicken at home more...
    Good idea. And store-bought chicken tastes like cardboard, store-bought tomato tastes nothing like fruit.

Restaurants use frozen sacks of breaded chicken nuggets/cardboard. Just cover with lemon sauce, you've got Lemon Chicken; with orange sauce, it's Orange Chicken; Kung Pao yields Kung Pao Chicken. Not picking on Chinese restaurant food -- the mediocrity is ubiquitous. It's best to go cashier a live organic chicken to prepare at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Good idea. And store-bought chicken tastes like cardboard, store-bought tomato tastes nothing like fruit.

Restaurants use frozen sacks of breaded chicken nuggets/cardboard. Just cover with lemon sauce, you've got Lemon Chicken; with orange sauce, it's Orange Chicken; Kung Pao yields Kung Pao Chicken. Not picking on Chinese restaurant food -- the mediocrity is ubiquitous. It's best to go cashier a live organic chicken to prepare at home.

Ain’t nobody put it any be’er than you jus’ done there, Hank.

Seriously, I wonder how often somebody from corporate checks those restaurants out. I guess the answer is not too often.

[QUOTE=softailrider;630354]Seriously, I wonder how often somebody from corporate checks those restaurants out/QUOTE]

Reportedly, corporates are all deceased. CDC will be releasing the nugget toxicology reports.

It's been 6 days, and every morning I'm still laughing at the title of this thread. You're alright Danny!