Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Thanksgiving Parade

I ended up ugly crying already this morning watching that beautiful young woman from Oxford, Ava, sing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Chistmas". I don't know how she got through that particular song which talks about the people that have left your life and you hope you will be back together with some Christmas. It killed me trying to listen to it
    Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving all, and a joyous holiday of your choosing.

I saw that too and got choked up as today is 20 years since my sweet mom passed away. Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family. I'm already tired from all the preparation. Trying to squeeze in a snooze before everyone gets here.

Happy Thanksgiving on this beauty of a day. Just got back from playing tennis. I've played tennis outdoors on Thanksgiving before, but on ours never yours!

Had a fine Thanksgiving dinner at a friend's house, followed by cards well into darkness. And I am not going shopping today, no way, no how. Let the crazies have the stores.

Had a quiet TG with a small, followed by a larger family gathering. Ate well but not bonkers as I would have in the past! Learned a great deal more about family lineages and general history talking with elders present.

I've never done black-friday shopping even when people were more civilized [smile]. Now forget it. Too many stores put out their junk you end up buying-in-a-rush, pushing thru throngs w/o the benefit of reviewing the items. This is especially so for big ticket electronics. No thanks -- though I may tip out to go grocery store shopping after seven pm!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-25-22 at 12:16 PM.

Apparently this happened in Richmond VA about a decade ago.

Rudolph Balloon Christmas Parade Tragedy

Mommy, why did they stab Rudolph in the head?

Poor Rudolph. Stuff happens.

Memories. Marched in the Thanksgiving parade for four years [[1950-1953) with the Mackenzie Band, under the superb direction of Band Director Sam Emmer.

Sam, if you can read this in heaven, I truly apologize for blowing that fart note in practice back in 1953.

It wasn't directed towards the band. I was trying to impress a girl flute player. But that's another story, isn't it?

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!

Stromberg2, Always looking at the positive.