Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Convenience store chain Kum & Go coming to Detroit

Interesting name for a chain, apparently, it's really big out in Iowa and Minnesota.
    Kum & Go is ‘kumming’ to Detroit
    “We are excited to announce our entry into the Detroit market,” said Kum & Go CEO Tanner Krause in a statement. “We’ve been warmly welcomed as we prepare to enter the Grand Rapids area and with the addition of Detroit, believe Kum & Go will be the lead convenience operator across the state as we continue our growth and expansion. Michigan is full of great people and great communities, and we know Kum & Go’s fresh perspective to convenience will create many opportunities there.”“We’re thrilled to continue our expansion in Michigan with this move into the Detroit area,” said Niki Mason, senior vice president of store development. “Detroit’s ever evolving and changing city [presents] an exciting opportunity for growth and expansion. We’re excited to start serving and connecting with this community.”
    https://www.metrotimes.com/food-drin...troit-31625109

I saw my first Kum and Go in Leadville Colorado back about 15 yrs ago. I was with my family and we laughed our butts off. I think I have a picture of my SIL taking a picture of it with his Ipod in it. Apple had some sort of photo contest where you took photos of Ipod in interesting places.

Ahh, it was my daughter holding the ipod...Name:  Silverton [[155).jpg
Views: 444
Size:  130.6 KB
    Last edited by jcole; November-20-22 at 10:17 AM.

At todays gas prices at least they are offering a happy ending after getting screwed at the pump.

It kinda reminds me of certain gas stations that had little rooms out back in New Mexico back in the 70s,how exactly do you explain that to your 4 yo that is learning words.

Daddy what’s Kum - yea I do not know - ask your mother.

Another case of just because you can not does not mean you should,maybe for extra revenue they could sell adult toys and call it Dix n Stuff.

This is what happens when you legalize weed,Beavis and Butt-Head sitting around saying let’s open a gas station,what should we call it yuk yuk
    Last edited by Richard; November-20-22 at 06:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    This is what happens when you legalize weed,Beavis and Butt-Head sitting around saying let’s open a gas station,what should we call it yuk yuk
    Not really. Kum & Go had been around since the mid-1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
    Not really. Kum & Go had been around since the mid-1970s.
    actually 1959,it’s still a dumb name

https://www.krausegroup.com/

Kumming soon to the Motor City.

I thought you guys were going electric in a couple of years,why would a nasty fossil fuel burning gas station spend millions getting established?

Iowa is the epicenter for mandatory E15 sales,they played a major role in getting it passed at the federal level because of the corn market,interesting Kraus is a major player in corporate farming in Iowa.

Kum & Go is one of the only gas stations across the country that includes and introduces E15 in every state that they open in.

Kinda puts a cloud on the whole E15 will never be sold in Detroit concept.

The more stations you open,the more E15 you sell,the more of your corn gets sold.
    Last edited by Richard; November-20-22 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Kumming soon to the Motor City.

Kum one, kum all...

Kum for the corn juice!