Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Coolidge Bus Terminal Replacement Project

Found this project on the city's website today. The new facility will support 24-hour operations and when finished will accommodate up to 144 buses. Completion is targeted for 2024.
    The Detroit Department of Transportation’s [[DDOT), Coolidge Terminal, and Maintenance Facility operated transit service from 1928 until December 2011, when a fire destroyed part of the facility that halted operations. Plans to reconstruct the terminal were placed on hold as Detroit faced the largest municipal bankruptcy in history.
    DDOT now proposes to construct a new bus maintenance, storage, and operations center on the existing Coolidge Terminal site at 14044 Schaefer Highway in Detroit, Michigan. The entire Coolidge Terminal site will be cleared, including the demolition of all six existing structures. 
    The Coolidge Replacement Facility will accommodate 24-hour operations and initially accommodate 144 buses, with the capacity to expand to up to 216 buses in the future. Both modern 40-foot buses and 60-foot articulated buses  will be stored and maintained at this facility.
     The new facility will provide 245 parking spaces [[230 staff including bus drivers, maintenance, operations, and administrative personnel, and 15 parking spaces for visitors).

https://detroitmi.gov/departments/de...cement-project

Used to be practically in my back yard when I lived at Steel and Intervale back in the war years. [[No, WW II, not these newfangled ones.)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Used to be practically in my back yard when I lived at Steel and Intervale back in the war years. [[No, WW II, not these newfangled ones.)
    Ray, what's up with the Vegas Raiders? You might as well start cheering for the Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    Ray, what's up with the Vegas Raiders? You might as well start cheering for the Lions
    Yeah, their season has gone into the toilet bowl, I fear. Part of the reason, I think, is that the owner of the team -- Mark Davis -- is sticking his nose in things that belong to the coach. All NFL owners have egos, to be sure, but his tops Everest.

That aside, the team plays in one beautiful stadium, the Allegiant. Super Bowl will be played there year after next.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    Yeah, their season has gone into the toilet bowl, I fear.
    Owner kinda' ruined Carr's career?