Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default The Murder of Bling Jeweler Hutchinson ought to make a good movie

The Detroit Double Cross: Murder Contract On "Hutch The Jeweler's" Head Was Set At $50K, Per Police File - The Gangster Report

There are many moving parts to the story, including the possible involvement of a con artist attorney in setting up the hit. Sounds like none of the players were Einstein-type intellects, including the customers. I can envision it being a Coen Brothers movie.

I knew him, not well but sold him a couple watches over the years [[watches are my hobby and a side business). Was always honest, upfront, easy to deal with and treated everyone who came in with respect.
    It is quite a crazy story from what we have heard so far and Im sure it's going to get a lot more interesting.
    I agree it has some strong potential for a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelousMarvins View Post
    It is quite a crazy story from what we have heard so far and Im sure it's going to get a lot more interesting.
    I agree it has some strong potential for a movie.
    His poor wife certainly must be traumatized. I hope she's doing okay.

"Mastermind" Marco Bisbikis was charged with planning the assassination of Hutch the Jeweler. What a moron? I hope the Coen Brothers are watching this story. It may be better than Fargo

Marco Bisbikis Allegedly Planned Jeweler's Murder for Money [[lawandcrime.com)

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Whalley View Post
    better than Fargo
    Attorney for slain Oak Park jeweler is fourth murder suspect – Daily Tribune

District Court denied bond for mastermind lawyer, Marco Michael Bisbikis, the self-styled Godfather of Law. I've said it before, if the Coen Brothers make another film, this should be the story. So many interesting characters, including gang bangers, rapsters, bling-bling athletes. poor Hutch's wife, and stupid conspirators. And Oak Park near the defunct Eastland Mall is an allegory itself.

You probably meant to type Northland Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    You probably meant to type Northland Mall.
    Northland Mall

I'd been to Northland Mall but can't remember if I'd ever been to Eastland Mall.

So many interesting characters, including gang bangers, rapsters, bling-bling athletes. poor Hutch's wife, and stupid conspirators.
    Bisbikis, Raptoplous and Roy Larry face probable cause hearings on Monday. Darnell Larry waived his preliminary exam in early November and his charges have been bound over to Oakland County Circuit Court.

The Detroit Double Cross: Murder Contract On "Hutch The Jeweler's" Head Was Set At $50K, Per Police File - The Gangster Report

There are many moving parts to the story, including the possible involvement of a con artist attorney in setting up the hit. Sounds like none of the players were Einstein-type intellects, including the customers. I can envision it being a Coen Brothers movie.

The only thing close to the theory of relativity is that two brothers were involved. Lock them all up in a Smart car and throw away the key.

Bisbikis and Roy Larry are set to go to trial May 13.

One of these guys is named Rat Plus?

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    One of these guys is named Rat Plus?
    Can't make this stuff up. It's a strange sad story.

Everybody is trying to make a buck. Article is behind a pay wall. It's bad enough we have to pay for TV, now you have to pay to read a newspaper article..

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    ...now you have to pay to read a newspaper article..
    You have to pay to see advertisements, too.

The last time I went to a movie theater, the first fifteen minutes were commercials. And when movie theaters became favorite venues for shooters with assault weapons, I decided that I'm not paying to get maimed or murdered.

P.S. Especially, if I have to pay to read about it in a newspaper.