Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Compuware is leaving Detroit for good!

After nearly 25 years of being the first step of building their WHQ on Downtown [[Gilbert Town) Detroit near Campus Martius. Compuware decided to its time to pack their bags and move back to the burbs.

Here is the source.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/bu...t/69593832007/
    Last edited by Danny; October-27-22 at 11:05 AM.

From the Freep article:

"Compuware COULD leave downtown Detroit for Southfield."

Doesn't sound like it's written in stone, more like they're fishing.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-27-22 at 07:29 AM.

They're a shadow of the company they used to be. We remember Compuware as a giant because they built OCM, but they're a small fish in a rapidly evaporating pond. A similarly sized company, without the famous name, leaving the city would hardly get noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by K-slice View Post
    They're a shadow of the company they used to be. We remember Compuware as a giant because they built OCM, but they're a small fish in a rapidly evaporating pond. A similarly sized company, without the famous name, leaving the city would hardly get noticed.
    The Crains article made it sound like a done deal but maybe that's the way they want it to look to negotiate cheaper rent. Just be happy they're staying in Michigan I guess. There was talk a couple of years ago the new owners, BMC Software, a 2nd private equity firm to buy them, might move them to Texas.
    Last edited by 401don; October-27-22 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    The Crains article made it sound like a done deal but maybe that's the way they want it to look to negotiate cheaper rent. Just be happy they're staying in Michigan I guess. There was talk a couple of years ago the new owners, BMC Software, a 2nd private equity firm to buy them, might move them to Texas.

All our exes live in Texas.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; October-27-22 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    These city vs suburb corporate moves are happening all over the county post-covid. Companies that have made a go of WFH/hybrid realize they can downsize and are jumping at modern office space deals as their leases come to term. Locally in Milwaukee we have had Milwaukee Tool expand in the city, Johnson Controls downsized out to the suburbs and Fiserv [[fintech) downsized into the city. Win some, lose some.

I didn't even know they were still around. I remember when I first started working in the Compuware building back in 2010 and they had most of the building.

Southfield? They might as well stay in Detroit...

Quote Originally Posted by Scottathew View Post
    I didn't even know they were still around. I remember when I first started working in the Compuware building back in 2010 and they had most of the building.

Didn’t you feel like you were entering a giant face when walking through that main entrance to the building? Very eerie facial features on that building…

Robocomp?

Quote Originally Posted by Former_Detroiter View Post
    You thought it was tough getting people back into the office when it was in a vibrant city center? Wait until it's in the bland, car-centric suburbs.

But then the folks in support of this move will have longer commutes from their Oakland County McMansions...

Yah, I was about to say that - c'mon, Southfield is so old and outdated itself. How about Auburn Hills or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Didn’t you feel like you were entering a giant face when walking through that main entrance to the building? Very eerie facial features on that building…
    A giant face? I was thinking of something requiring a visit to the gynocologist!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    A giant face? I was thinking of something requiring a visit to the gynocologist!
    Lol. Gono Corp HQ!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Lol. Gono Corp HQ!
    When I look at it, it reminds me of an Everybody Loves Raymond episode about Marie's abstract sculpture...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqIhpH6axs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwkhCz8cJqU

Feed Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    When I look at it, it reminds me of an Everybody Loves Raymond episode about Marie's abstract sculpture...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSqIhpH6axs
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwkhCz8cJqU

Yes, they can’t hide the non-featurelessness behind the abstraction, lol.

Reminds me of an apartment house in Montreal that for the life of me, I can’t figure out if it was planned or not;

I did a double take walking by, years ago.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/oXGTSjiHpjkmZ2W36?g_st=ic